Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nascar Back On Uk Tv

Hi All
    I have just picked this up from NASN web Page
    NASCAR Racing
    LIVE NASCAR Nextel Cup returns to NASN on Sunday February 25th and will air on Setanta Sports Ireland (Sky Channel 434 in UK and 429 in ROI). Tune in at 8pm for all the exciting racing action from the Auto Club 500. Check back here on nasn.com for further announcements about additional motor sport programming on NASN.

Happy Viewing Everybody

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't have NASN so I'll have to make do with my TVU like I did for the Daytona 500.
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry RR just assumed all peeps were commenting on the coverage re NASN, if you dont have Sky or Cable where its available as an additional subscription channel then yes your stuffed. Having said that we watched the 500 on Sunday via TVU and it was excellent apart from the ad breaks every 5 mins but hey we will suffer most things to get our fix of NASCAR. Have you been to Rockingham in Corby to watch the SCSA the nearest we get in the UK to NASCAR we have been going since it opened in 2001 and whilst the field is nowhere as big as NASCAR its still pretty good stuff.
    Cheers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We tried to watch it on TVU on my laptop but gave up as got too frustrating with the frame freezing all the time.

Ending up biting the bullet and watching delyed coverage on channel 5,not bad at all,although did feel the commentators could have been a little bit more knowledgeable,but least we got to see it,even though very very tired in the office in the next day,but WORTH EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
    Get off your seat, and on your feet
    It\'s time to go green flag Racin\'
    Boogity Boogity Boogity :hot:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The message is ambiguous. Will it be on NASN and Setanta Sports Ireland for irish viewers or will it only be on Setanta sports ireland only?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Demon
    We tried to watch it on TVU on my laptop but gave up as got too frustrating with the frame freezing all the time.
    I'm suprised at that. When we view FOX on TVU after its been running about 5 mins we never get a single drop out. However watching Wheels channel on TVU is bad for drop outs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_580
    The message is ambiguous. Will it be on NASN and Setanta Sports Ireland for irish viewers or will it only be on Setanta sports ireland only?
    It will be on channel "Setanta Sports Ireland" which is a channel available through the setanta package on Sky in the UK (Wales, Scotland, England etc). Can't remember what sky channel number it is off the top of my head but I have watched a few magners league rugby games on the channel this season.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    It will be on channel "Setanta Sports Ireland" which is a channel available through the setanta package on Sky in the UK (Wales, Scotland, England etc). Can't remember what sky channel number it is off the top of my head but I have watched a few magners league rugby games on the channel this season.
    Has it been confirmed that it WONT be on NASN then?

I dont have Setanta Ireland as i subscribe through cable and only get NASN. I know i can get the other Setanta channels but i dont want to make a noise and have to pay the £5 per month extra if i dont need the Setanta channels. Also, i dont believe Setanta Ireland is available to cable subscribers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_580

Also, i dont believe Setanta Ireland is available to cable subscribers.
    That's the bit I am worried about - I don't have Sky. I am on Virgin Media, which used to be Telewest ---- am panicking.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why didn't you just watch the Daytona 500 on Channel 5 ?