Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    This will be a joy for fans. MotorsTV currently does not have high-profile racing series so the WRC will be treated first class and coverage will be extended. Just the daily roundups will be twice as long as on Eurosport if I understand correctly. They also have the time and means to show more marginal footage like onboards. And no more Snooker delays! I for sure love what they are doing with the Rallycross coverage!

Those who will not be happy will be the sponsors. As Mr. Viger says, this is a channel for hardcore fans. Ratings will plummet big time. It is telling that Le Mans prefers to be treated second rate on Eurosport rather than two weeks of non-stop wall-to-wall coverage on MotorsTV.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I think we have to wait and see its easy to promote your show with words...the result is what matters.

I hope they treat the sport the way it deserves.

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
    Ehh.. as far as I know MotorsTV is an independent channel and has no connection to the TF1/Eurosport organisation..

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    For those who want to, there seems to be possibilities:
    http://www.motorstv.com/get-motors-tv

I am hoping for more Virtual spectator analyzes, to spot the differences btw the drivers.
    This tool need to be better used in the future !
    http://www.virtualspectator.com/vs-sub-vs-nz.html
    Keep It Simple Stupid !

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Well now i can't watch WRC at all unless I fork out for Sky. Which I won't do. Aty least on Dave it was available to anyone with Freeview...seems like a backwards step.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M5
    I am hoping for more Virtual spectator analyzes, to spot the differences btw the drivers.
    This tool need to be better used in the future !
    http://www.virtualspectator.com/vs-sub-vs-nz.html
    Are you taking the piss? NO NO NO NO AND NO. VS is one of the most abhorrent and catastrophic things to happen to rallying over the last 5 or so years. I would rather no manufacturers with no VS than have 3 or 4 teams and have to put up with watching a stupid computer representation of rallying.

Out on the stages you don't need something to show you who is quicker, you can watch and guess before finding out the times later. TV should be no different and all virtual spectator does is take up valuable time which could be used with real footage of the cars doing stuff, which is what most rally fans want to see.

Don't care about Motors TV as long as it's still on terrestial, if WRC moves to satellite only then it'll be the final nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    British Rally Championship coverage moved to satellite tv in the UK around the same time the series went into a steep decline and no coverage of the WRC on terrestrial or free to view tv here will see the world series dip even futher off the radar. Even Bernie realised F1 coverage wouldnt work if everyone had to subscribe so how come ISC think they know better?

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sal
    British Rally Championship coverage moved to satellite tv in the UK around the same time the series went into a steep decline and no coverage of the WRC on terrestrial or free to view tv here will see the world series dip even futher off the radar. Even Bernie realised F1 coverage wouldnt work if everyone had to subscribe so how come ISC think they know better?
    Maybe the big question is that 'Normal/Terrestrial' TV aren't interested in Rallying - unless they are paid to show it.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    According to this article Eurosport keeps on showing daily highlights.
    http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/...wrc/index.html
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    This seems like on the face of it good news for the real fans. The ones who can get Motors anyway. The fact is ratings wont be good. But as it is we either have coverage buried and un-prioritised on Eurosport. Or have it hidden away on Motors TV but with a worthy show. At least us fans wont be getting F'ed over with live clashes.

People saying Motors will mess it up aren't thinking. This is still going to be ISC content like before. All Motors do is allow them the platform to give more airtime to the WRC. Lets face it Motors has lost every good contract it ever had - it can spare HOURS to rallying.

What does concern me is them trying to market this through the addition of increased onboard material. To me the one thing the WRC footage doesn't need is more onboards. What I truly hope is that they will be able to move away from the core four-car plus a brief summary coverage they do now. With the S2000 cup starting this extra time will be ideal.

The longer time frame also gives an opportunity for ISC to get out of their lazy interchangable rehash coverage they churn out every event.

My biggest fear is that it will only serve (with more ad breaks dont forget) to pad out their already sparse coverage with more onboards, pointless split screens and, *shudders* Virtual Spectator. The bottom line is that unless the ISC commit to putting more camera crews in stages - there isn't going to be any more 'real' footage.

I'll wait to pass judgement until they begin, but I just hope they dont think they can spin us the same garbage but just for double the amount of time.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia