Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc_flipper
    Well NorthOne Sport has a remit to look at free to air options as part of the FIA contact, so it just the case of see who wants it compared to price etc.

One rumor around Wales was that BBC could take it, but don't really see this as there are a lot of F1 / WRC clashes in 2011. Though this could be a good point as they could do a "afternoon of motorsports" offering F1 and WRC.

ITV possibly not an option as they wanted to put ITV2-4 on Sky paid per view, so that leaves?
    It ought to be more attractive in 2011, what with the new regulations. We can but hope. Though does anyone even care about this important change?

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Could be on a British terrestrial for all we know. DR wouldnt have been able to persuade Mini and BMW to commit without a sound return and exposure for their product. Stranger things have happened

MJW
    Motorsport News in UK is reporting that DAVE TV will not be showing WRC in 2011. I have criticised this in previous years, but in fact the 2010 offering has been quite acceptable. Far more so than the absolute cr@p that is Motors TV!!!!
    Interestingly North One Sport are quoted in MN saying that they would like to get WRC back onto a free to air channel and feel that in iots current state WRC wont be interesting enough to a broadcaster especially in the F1 dominated media.
    Its a great shame that BBC2 Wales report programme was broadcast so late on monday 15th November, an 11.20 pm start isnt ideal.
    I may be very naiieve and nostaligic for quality reporting and coverage that we had when BBC Sport had WRC, but I am just wondering if as many of ys on here download the BBC2 Wales programme from the I player it may persuade the suits at BBC & NOS to get WRC back on BBC Sport, afterall Jake Humphrey really enjoyed his time rallying in North Wales on the Cambrian rally.
    Please download here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ales_Rally_GB/

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Motorsport News in UK is reporting that DAVE TV will not be showing WRC in 2011. I have criticised this in previous years, but in fact the 2010 offering has been quite acceptable. Far more so than the absolute cr@p that is Motors TV!!!!
    Interestingly North One Sport are quoted in MN saying that they would like to get WRC back onto a free to air channel and feel that in iots current state WRC wont be interesting enough to a broadcaster especially in the F1 dominated media.
    Its a great shame that BBC2 Wales report programme was broadcast so late on monday 15th November, an 11.20 pm start isnt ideal.
    I may be very naiieve and nostaligic for quality reporting and coverage that we had when BBC Sport had WRC, but I am just wondering if as many of ys on here download the BBC2 Wales programme from the I player it may persuade the suits at BBC & NOS to get WRC back on BBC Sport, afterall Jake Humphrey really enjoyed his time rallying in North Wales on the Cambrian rally.
    Please download here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ales_Rally_GB/
    BBC wont let me watch the show on the iplayer in the good ol Emerald Isle. Is there any alternative means of viewing it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac Tommy
    BBC wont let me watch the show on the iplayer in the good ol Emerald Isle. Is there any alternative means of viewing it?
    Feck it Tommy, I had it recorded on my DVD recorder but deleted it from the hard drive after watching.

Well worth watching IMO.
    Michael \"Beef\" Park 1966 - 2005 RIP
    Richard Britton 1970 - 2005 RIP

Go n-eiri an bothar leo!

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac Tommy
    Tommy, use a proxy such as hidemyass.com or similar.
    As Dave says, it's worth watching.