Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Of course it has no bearing on if something is "good" or not, but I don't base all of my purchasing decisions based on quality of product.

I realize that I too would be subject to public scrutiny in that court, that's why I have a strict policy of "stay out of court".

So unless you're prepared to make a statement supporting sweat shop labor and blood diamonds, shut up.
    Have you lost your mind? WHat does this have to do with sweat shops and blood diamonds? The man is going through a messy divorce and he doesn't want it in the press. Your messy divorce if you had one wouldn't matter to anyone because no one cares who you are outside of your family. Why should I have to read the sordid details of Brian France cheating on his wife? Assuming he did?

The man runs NASCAR, and that is the only reason some bored journalist wants to dig into this. It has nothing to do with racing or how he runs NASCAR.

Just people who hate France want to revel in crap like this. Go read the Enquirer...lots of dirt on people in there...maybe 10% is true....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For all we know, Brian France is the kingpin in a Bolivian drug cartel and he needs to keep his wife quiet on the matter. I don't want to go to a race organized by the leader of a Bolivian drug cartel.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Andrew, he has less chance of being in a drug cartel than you do....

You just hate Brian France and want to revel in the details. And in the end...he is still going to be filthy rich and you wont be. So where does this really get you?

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    For all we know, Brian France is the kingpin in a Bolivian drug cartel and he needs to keep his wife quiet on the matter. I don't want to go to a race organized by the leader of a Bolivian drug cartel.

you one got thing wrong, Brian being the kingpin in the Bolivian drug cartel, thats not all true, you see Brian buys his stuff from me then he sells it to jeremy Mayfield. but when the cops got a tip about Brian and me, we pined the whole thing on Jeremy
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Andrew, he has less chance of being in a drug cartel than you do....

You just hate Brian France and want to revel in the details. And in the end...he is still going to be filthy rich and you wont be. So where does this really get you?
    You don't have to be rich to bask in schadenfreude. Why do you hate happiness?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't you love this dirt in the off season, Telling ya they gonna put a tight pair of shoes on Mrs France she gonna tell it ALL.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—NASCAR has asked a federal court to stop lawyers for suspended driver Jeremy Mayfield from collecting information from the ex-wife of chairman Brian France.

Mayfield’s attorneys subpoenaed Megan France last week requesting documents about a lawsuit filed against her by Brian France. The attorneys also asked for joint tax returns and mail addressed to Brian France.

NASCAR filed a motion in U.S. District Court on Monday asking that Megan France be barred from producing the documents.

The Frances were divorced in April 2008, and Brian France sued his ex-wife in North Carolina Superior Court in September of that year. All documents relating to that case were sealed in December.

“They are attempting to improperly bring private, irrelevant information concerning Mr. France’s domestic relations into this litigation as a means of retaliation,” NASCAR claimed in its filing.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Interesting.

From the original post's link:
    It's not unusual for judges to seal some documents, such as sensitive records involving mental health and financial holdings. But court experts say it's extremely rare that an entire file, including a judge's order sealing it, is kept from the public.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mayfield's ambulance chaser figures that if he tosses enough mud at Brian maybe they can get NASCAR to settle out of court. This is not proving Mayfield innocent. This is just making NASCAR and Brian look bad.

Andrew, I have heard of the revelling of other's misery, but again, where does this really get you? You hate Brian France THIS much?