Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Favourite BTCC memory

so guys this is a post for you all to add your favourite memory from the btcc.
    for me my favourite memory had to be birmingham 1990 watching at halfords on the big screen as a rather irate john cleand helpfully removed frank sytner from his car by his head. i dont condone violence in any form but that was pretty funny to see. tim harvey also pulled up alongside the screen and watched the bout happen clealry lauging inside his sierra. the bbc didnt show nerarly half of what we fans trackside witnessed.

for racing i have to say i go back in time again and think the 1990 snet race in its entrity is also a fantastic memory also.

off topic a bit now and for the mad monk. the slow down lap at the end of the 1990 birmingham tvr tuscan race was also pretty spectacular. if sure you know what i mean.
    Mark Heron, a great friend and top bloke, you will be sadly missed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My favourite memory is Giovanardi at Knockhill 2006 race 2. Pure class, and lots of carnage.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    My best memory is my 1st ever touring car meet at Thruxton in 2001. Not a classic year but seeing the cars on the limit through the 1st turn was awsome!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Watching the 94 YIR videos when the Volvo estate was first presented to the media, the cameras caught a lot of drivers with smirks or using their hands to cover their mouths (from shock or wanting to laugh out loud). Anyone else recall that?
    Supertouring Forever and Ever...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraracer20
    My best memory is my 1st ever touring car meet at Thruxton in 2001. Not a classic year but seeing the cars on the limit through the 1st turn was awsome!
    I was at the first turn in 2005, it was awesome.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My earliest favourite memory, since 2001, would have to be Croft 2004.

I went to Croft thinking virtually "Here we go again. Another lesson in racing from VXR." I never gave my team at the time WSR a chance. Though Reidy had been quite competitive. But Anthony somehow managed to outpace the Vauxhall's of Yvan and Thommo in Race 1.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Simple Donington 98 with Mansell, got soaked to the bone for some awesome racing.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Donington 99

Brands, October 2005

Also for some mad reason the decider in 2001, God knows why, the weather was horrible, certainly one of those when the memory is a lot better than the actually event.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well i say all of the 80 s and 90 s god i feel old
    back in uk and blinking hate it but its work and pays for all my cars 2 in uk one in spain ..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Gravett!
    Yep,that slow down lap was rather amusing!At Halfords,got it on the marbles,took off the door mirror and a few scratches right in front of the missus,the sponsor(Charlie Middlton and his wife)and.....Stefan!!!
    Everytime I go into Brum now with Stef,we go past Halfords hairpin,and he ALWAYS takes the proverbial!!
    End result was I was up in front of the FIA steward and CofC with Jean Alesi and Kurt Luby;all fined 500usd for doing doughnuts at Halfords!
    Ah well,I still won it and enjoyed myself!
    rev.limit