Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    I've got to agree with Anthonyvop. Dan Clarke has a higher pedigree then half the series. And so what if he crashes, most people do at some point.

I remember a fast, dorky kid wearing corrective glasses who used to crash all the time, Pete Tracy or something like that? What did he ever end up doing?
    I've heard of him. He's still crashing a lot, and generally making all the wrong moves, on and off the track. That's why he's been "looking for a ride" for some time now.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Runs for cover.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dan Clarke has a reputation as a crasher, and rightly so perhaps, but here's the thing, a lot of good aggressive drivers, PT for example, had that same reputation until they got it under control. Its been two years. If he manages to come to the IRL I'm okay with it.

If nothing else it would mean the end to caution-free races... which I think we can all agrea is a good thing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    I've heard of him. He's still crashing a lot, and generally making all the wrong moves, on and off the track. That's why he's been "looking for a ride" for some time now.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Runs for cover.
    ? Could you explain that one please?
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    ? Could you explain that one please?
    I thought it was pretty self explanitory. What don't you get?
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought it was pretty self explanitory. What don't you get?
    It may be self explanatory if we're talking about a different driver but my impression was we're talking about PT. Saying he still crashes a lot and keeps making the wrong moves on and off the track is anything but an accurate statement. So, I asked for an explanation which you're either not capable of providing or you're as clueless as the person that said it.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    So why not Dan Clarke? he is of higher quality than 3/4 of the current field.

By what possible measure? Certainly not brains.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    It may be self explanatory if we're talking about a different driver but my impression was we're talking about PT. Saying he still crashes a lot and keeps making the wrong moves on and off the track is anything but an accurate statement. So, I asked for an explanation which you're either not capable of providing or you're as clueless as the person that said it.
    You're right, we are talking about Paul Tracy. And you are also right, I was wrong in saying that he still crashes a lot because he doesn't drive a lot anymore so he doesn't have many oportunities to crash. That could have something to do with bad moves off track, don't 'cha think?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You're right, we are talking about Paul Tracy. And you are also right, I was wrong in saying that he still crashes a lot because he doesn't drive a lot anymore so he doesn't have many oportunities to crash. That could have something to do with bad moves off track, don't 'cha think?
    Bingo on the crashing issue...he doesn't drive full time. That is part of what I didn't get but more so, what bad moves is he making off the track? That is really what I'm curious about now that we got passed the smart talk with each other.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

$$

Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Why would anyone want such an erratic and crash prone driver in the series? We need a slightly higher caliber of driver to start coming to the series.
    A sad sign of the times. Nelson's $$>than Speedy Dan's. This is also the only reason Milka is in a car. Not sure Conquest will make it the entire year...

It would be great if they would only allow drivers who have raced with success (wins, poles, fast laps, championships, etc.) in the series.

DD never won or finished on the podium in any single seat series. She won in Grand Am, despite being almost 8 seconds slower than her other co-drivers.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hey, we don't need Dan Clarke if D&R retains Mike Conway. They're the same guy!!
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!