Page 63 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: R-Classes News

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    You don't know when the negotiations about R5 start and who was involved, do You? So what You write is just some feelings which may well be wrong...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navtheace
    I meant how the FIA bring in a new category that looks somewhat suspect that has come about from the encouragement of Citroen/Peugeot.
    also encouragement of Ford and Skoda and Renault and....all these are working already before you and me can find regulations at FIA site.

Not a manufacturer needing specifications to a category that is already in place by the FIA.
    a car such a r5 category needs years of work.Of course they HAVE to know the regulations to design and fabric all parts.
    the problem would be if a manufacture asked for regulations,and Fia denied to give.Do you know such a case? if you know enlight us please.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    How could you be so blind..... I'lll give you a joker for homework: R3T????????????

i am not blind,i just dont suffer from Frenchphobia.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    If Citroen have a 1.4 turbo petrol car, then it will happen easily. As it seems that Citroen get their way with the FIA.

Look at how quickly Peugeot got going with R5. It is as though Peugeot were ready with R5 before the FIA announced it!
    Manufacturers have more info than we have... Also M-Sport and Skoda are working on R5 for a long time already. I think the strategy is just different, could be that Skoda and M-Sport are waiting to see how the Peugeot performs first, so they can maybe make some changes to make their cars better than the Peugeot. For the Fabia S2000 the development took very long also. Peugeot is probably using their strategy to start selling the 208 R5's as soon as possible, to make some profit with it...

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    How could you be so blind..... I'lll give you a joker for homework: R3T????????????
    Wasn't Fiat first with their 500 Abarth R3T? They unveiled the car in late september 2009. DS3 R3T has been seen on rallies for the first time in 2010 I think? Homework anyone SlowSon?

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    When I wrote that I was suffering from hangover, that's why it was so short and difficult to understand. I intended to point not just the creation of this separate class, but more important - its connection with R5 and the incredible, all-purpose, cheaper, simpler etc 1,6t engine. Why it is so so similar to the introducing of the S2000 class, the same brand has the initial development advantage, the same suppliers Oreca, Pipo Moteauire, Sadev.... I "say" more than i write, I know it sounds like an easy excuse but I really can't explain well enough in English so try to rethink and combine the things by yourself. Two weeks ago some information leaked, that PSA already has 20+ prepaid 208 R5s. Where are the other brands? Still nowhere, but when they finally catch up after several years, there will be introduced a new top class with new chassis and new "outstanding" engine. "To reduce the costs"

It's not because the other manufacturers are not talking yet, that they are not working on it... What Peugeot is doing now is pure marketing, I don't expect the others to be years behind with their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    When I wrote that I was suffering from hangover, that's why it was so short and difficult to understand. I intended to point not just the creation of this separate class, but more important - its connection with R5 and the incredible, all-purpose, cheaper, simpler etc 1,6t engine. Why it is so so similar to the introducing of the S2000 class, the same brand has the initial development advantage, the same suppliers Oreca, Pipo Moteauire, Sadev.... I "say" more than i write, I know it sounds like an easy excuse but I really can't explain well enough in English so try to rethink and combine the things by yourself. Two weeks ago some information leaked, that PSA already has 20+ prepaid 208 R5s. Where are the other brands? Still nowhere, but when they finally catch up after several years, there will be introduced a new top class with new chassis and new "outstanding" engine. "To reduce the costs"
    Skoda was nowhere when Peugeot launched the 207....which was more succesfull?
    Ηοmework for next week this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Skoda was nowhere when Peugeot launched the 207....which was more succesfull?
    Perhaps impossible to know... But who made most money with selling S2000's (and parts)? I wouldn't be surprised if it's Peugeot.
    Also Peugeot had good publicity from 2007 to 2011, while Skoda had publicity from 2009 to 2012 (but maybe more/better publicity in shorter time-period).
    @SlowSon: First S2000 was Fiat Punto btw, they were competing in early summer 2006 already while Peugeot debuted only at the very end of the year (Condroz 2006 as 0-car with Bouffier).