Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nzrc 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stalks,

Send me an email and I will send the statistics and Hans info required.

When the competitors were asked regarding a control tyre, it was at a competitors forum, so I did ask face-to-face.
    The tyre reps in NZ weren't exactly falling over themselves to get a deal as I understand that our market is too small.

I do try to contact all parties involved personally on most issues, or rely on the sports elected officials to inform me as a result of surveys they have conducted amongst user groups.

I have real concerns regarding numbers of competitors for APRC this year.
    The challenge is how to make it more affordable(attractive) to our NZRC competitors as the next step up. Been working on that for years.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crunch
    Send me an email and I will send the statistics and Hans info required.
    Crunch, this thread has had over 1500 views. Maybe there are a few people out there who would like to see the Hans info also. Not just Nat Champ competitors. Please post the link for the info.

I have real concerns regarding numbers of competitors for APRC this year.
    The challenge is how to make it more affordable(attractive) to our NZRC competitors as the next step up. Been working on that for years.....
    How about making our national championship more affordable and attractive for the regional competitors to step up to?
    Things like putting the price of a International license up by 2.5 times the amount for a national license doesn't help much.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't have a link, have two documents(PDF) file. They are from the from the FIA website . So if you wish to remain anon and not give me your email, look there.
    As you should know the rise in Licence cost (your quote of 2.5 times incorrect) was as a result of the Annual Conference voting unamiously for it so the funds could be put in place for the final stage of the on-line system.
    If you didn't know that; then maybe talk to your club's representative at the AGCM.

As for making it cheaper...how? without compromising the structure and coverage that the NZRC gets at the moment. Many people want more coverage and that comes at a cost.
    Vehicle eligibility is fairly open now for both 2WD and 4WD as long as your vehicle is no more than 10 years? old.

If you have suggestions, and wish to remain anon, suggest you contact the Chairman of the Rally Commission.
    Maybe check out the Towards 2015 document on the MSNZ website as that may well answer some of your questions, and possibly raise a few more!

Cheers
    Crunch

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As you should know the rise in Licence cost (your quote of 2.5 times incorrect)
    Read it again. I didn't say the price had gone up 2.5 times. It's 2.5 times dearer than a National license, which used to be sufficient to do the NZRC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The reason we have to have an International Licence is because 2 or the 5 rounds of the NZRC are international events (WRC and APRC)
    So if you are committed to the Championship, you would have to have this Licence.

The extra cost in this Licence is due to FIA permit fees, personnel requirements on event etc.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    To commit any resource to the APRC is to flog a horse that's been dead for 10 years or more.
    Far better to advance a trans Tasman competition for those few with the larger budgets to compete against their equals from Aus and to pitch the NZRC to a more domestic level of competitor.

There are many ways to reduce the cost of the NZRC and reducing the television coverage might well be one of them.
    As administrators it is our role to ensure the sport's accessability to as many competitors as possible and to allow the promotion of the few to inhibit the options of the many is to be derelict in our duty.

The portfolio requires international licences only for the 2 FIA events, which is as it should be, but it is a shame that the same consideration wasn't applied in respect of costly "safety" apparell.
    That would be another way to reduce cost.

As for the licences themselves. To need an international licence to contest an event on our own shores is a crock. The requirement for international licences ought be reserved for competitors competing internationally. But that's not something that will ever change.

An FIA international event doesn't "require" more personnel at all. More people might well be prescribed but that's a totally different thing.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do the Kiwi 2 and classic drivers have to have the International license also, if they are running at the APRC event, albeit in the 'clubmans' division?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Bruce
    As recently as last night I saw a list of requirements for a WRC event.
    On it were included many extra personnel that we dont use for a NZRC round.

The idea of a Trans Tasman Series is a good one, but not a new one.
    In the 1990's I competed in the Tasman Cup which was over the International events held in each country. That died solely due to the costs involved and secondly; the "value" of that particular title from a competitor point of view.

The one main attraction of APRC to NZRC competitors in NZ, is the fact it is an FIA title.
    But I digress; over the last 2 years there have been discussions between MSNZ and CAMS on a semi-regular basis about establishing a series that would use 2 rounds of each domestic national championship towards an overall title. Factors that have caused some thought include date compatibilities, shipping schedules, each individual events requirements and so on.
    We need to be mindful we don't create another APRC costwise!
    Also a factor that needs to be considered is the current FIA Pacific Cup which runs over 3 events in Aust, NZ and New Caledonia. Should something be instigated that runs against this. ALternatively, as the support for this not being good, is that an indication of the support for a Tasman Series?

I know what my preference is as I suggested the Tasman Cup revitalisation 3 years ago to the exec, but that is MY preference as a competitor, and it may not suit either or both of the ASN's involved

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalks
    Do the Kiwi 2 and classic drivers have to have the International license also, if they are running at the APRC event, albeit in the 'clubmans' division?
    Found that they don't.
    Also found this regarding apparel for kiwi 2 and the classics.

18.2 In all Special Stages Kiwi 2 and Historic Challenge competitors shall wear either safety apparel in compliance with requirements of 18.1 above or Schedule A.
    Note: Competitors in Kiwi 2 and the Historic Challenge are advised that the use of Head restraint devices will be mandatory for all competitors in the NZRC in the 2011 season.

So at this stage Kiwi 2 and Classic competitors only have to wear schedule A apparel.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    My point Crunch is that your list of WRC requirements is a 'prescription', not necessarily indicative of a 'need'.

No, a trans Tasman competition is not a new idea. I might be good but I've never claimed a monopoly on good ideas.
    But neither is the idea that I spoke of either a revitalisation of the old Tasman Cup or an NZRC/ARC bolt on such as the concept you've described.
    I am aware that MNZ & CAMS have been talking. I wonder though whether before those discussions commenced if it wouldn't have been an idea to talk to the sport to see what it wants.

We can see the attraction of the FIA title simply by the numbers who choose to contest it.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.