Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Nzrc 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More like your chest has 'slipped' perhaps. PS, what happened to Mr Kelseys car at Rally NZ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a known scientific fact that gravity has more effect over time, so you could be right.
    As for Alex's car....it stopped.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wondering what people's thoughts are on the TV coverage so far this season? I think the in car footage has been good, but perhaps there is beginning to be more of that than general footage of the cars from the outside?
    I suspect it is pretty confusing at times for the average couch potato on a Sunday afternoon who tunes in though. Otago for example, at the end of day one they show the leader board just before the ad break. When play resumes we are two stages in and dear old Roger is getting all excited about Emma taking the lead of the rally Clint! Ah, hang on a minute, she was 1 minute something off the pace before the ads...I know she's good, but really? It only needed a small explanation that each day is a seperate rally.

Day one of rally NZ coverage was a little bit the same. Dodgey Rodg was all excited about Tapper breaking into the top ten overall (and rightly so, he was going bloody good!), but a few moments later tells us rather non excitedly that Glenn Smith has finished the day inside the top ten....Confused?

And the last laugh goes to the expert commentators on Sky during the rally, where the ex 58 time hillclimb champion discusses with Crint that the factory teams will be busy deciding what compound tyres to run in the repeat stages in the afternoon.
    Everybody in the rally is on the same tyre. Same compound. Only one compound. Have been for how many years?

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    I know about those backs Crunch. I'm nursing a quite sore one at the moment after Saturday night's after party party.

As for the TV, I agree. I did comment to Mrs Sollitt on Sunday that I thought the incar was dominating far too much and wouldn't it be nice to get some action footage.

Mind you, going completely incar would be a way to bring the cost down. We could shoot all of the footage in a simulator and then we'd have all of that lovely sponsorship money to spend on (god forbid) the competitors.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see on Online Motorsport forum some one is saying they have some more photo's of Richards car. If they join up here I'm sure we can get them posted somehow....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What was with yesterdays footage of days 2 & 3 from Rally NZ?
    At one stage I thought I had somehow tuned into a Steven Barker TV channel! OK, he was going well, but at the expense of showing 3 or 4 other competitors for 10 seconds each, we get to see his face while driving every 5 minutes.
    I seriously can not understand why the competitors are paying something in the region of $1500 per round to have camera's in their cars, when some of them get less than 30 seconds coverage per round.

The footage was below average to say the least, 90% of it was in car stuff at the ends of stages, with Roger talking over the in car audio the whole time, and in places when you could hear the co-drivers the audio didn't match up to what was happening (Stu Taylors crash prime example).

The 'minor' classes got bugger all footage too. Argyle got the most in the Open class, there should have been more footage of Regan Ross given that he was beating most of the Group N cars, and the Kiwi 2 boys got about 20 seconds between them. I'm not a big fan of the Kiwi 2 cars, but they could have made a bit of a story out of it that although Summerfeild started day 2 with 3 minutes plus in penalties, he had closed to within 30 seconds by the end of the rally.

As for the missing footage of Mason, it's probably been quietly swept away by now....but his car was at Timo's Octane Automotive recently for a short stay...so only one reason for that, roll cage damage.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Is there something this weekend in NZ?

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Yes, APRC Rd 3 & NZRC Rd3, Rally of Whangarei

Current placings at SS9:
    APRC 1/ Paddon Evo IX
    2/ Gill Evo X
    3/ McRae Satria Neo S2000

NZRC 1/ Paddon
    2/ Gilmour WRX Sti (N14)
    3/ West Evo IX

Live results are here:
    http://www.chrissport.co.nz/resultsD...hp?id_event=91
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Thanks and please write about this as much as you can 'cos it's nice to know what's on the other side of earth..

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Closure of normal entries for NZRC final round Trusthouse Racetech Rally Wairarapa looms next Wednesday.
    That's right folks, only 7 days away.

New stages, free hospitality & 2 days of hot dang rally action.

Get amongst it.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.