Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And so it appears Piquet will be driving the 2nd Campos. IMO Campos could have done worse - they wanted de la Rosa, who I thought would have been a bit of a gamble. Soucek may have been a good option for them, but has neither experience nor money. With Piquet Senior buying into the team, it does a lot to further solidify Campos' position. I also believe the experienced but still fresh Piquet makes more sense than Petrov or Maldonado who were also considered, although Petrov may turn out to be about the same talent level as Piquet. Will be interesting to see how people deal with him back in the pit lane next year!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I hope Klien gets a drive, but I wouldn't want him in over Nick, who IMO has earned his spot in F1, and drove very well last year (again).

Also, as I've said before, I'm baffled by the fact that Kubica's reputation is still so high while Nick might be out of F1 and Ralf Schumacher(!) might be in.

As for Sauber signing Kobayashi, the lad's good but I'd take Klien and Heidfeld over him in that team. Christian was getting better all the time at Red Bull and I'm convinced he still has race victories in him one day in F1.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    I hope Klien gets a drive, but I wouldn't want him in over Nick, who IMO has earned his spot in F1, and drove very well last year (again).

Also, as I've said before, I'm baffled by the fact that Kubica's reputation is still so high while Nick might be out of F1 and Ralf Schumacher(!) might be in.

As for Sauber signing Kobayashi, the lad's good but I'd take Klien and Heidfeld over him in that team. Christian was getting better all the time at Red Bull and I'm convinced he still has race victories in him one day in F1.
    Klien had 3 seasons in F1 and did nothing at all, except get beaten badly by an old driver nowhere near his prime anymore. Race victories? Jesus christ, he wouldnt win a race in a F2002, because he would still lose to his teammate, again.
    Kobayashi beat his teammate with no experience of the car and showed more in 2 races than Klien did in 3 seasons.

There is no logical reason to support Klien being in F1 again, except fanboyism.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    Unlike NH, RS has won races, you know.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Klien had 3 seasons in F1 and did nothing at all, except get beaten badly by an old driver nowhere near his prime anymore. Race victories? Jesus christ, he wouldnt win a race in a F2002, because he would still lose to his teammate, again.
    Kobayashi beat his teammate with no experience of the car and showed more in 2 races than Klien did in 3 seasons.

There is no logical reason to support Klien being in F1 again, except fanboyism.
    I totally agree with you. I bet someone mentions Davidson pretty soon....
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    And so it appears Piquet will be driving the 2nd Campos. IMO Campos could have done worse - they wanted de la Rosa, who I thought would have been a bit of a gamble.
    De la Rosa might not be the fastest race driver, but he developed the McLaren cars for years, so his technical knowledge is top notch. And that's exactly what a new team might need. Thing is that in a team like this drivers are chosen for monetary reasons.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, if this wasn't yet another fake news bit, apparently Sauber has signed de la Rosa over Heidfeld! WTF?

Where does this leave Nick? Apparently there is a chance he might go to Toro Rosso instead... otherwise, Renault, but they seem to be heading in a different direction (a la Tung/D'Ambrosio material).

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    Well, if this wasn't yet another fake news bit, apparently Sauber has signed de la Rosa over Heidfeld! WTF?

Where does this leave Nick? Apparently there is a chance he might go to Toro Rosso instead... otherwise, Renault, but they seem to be heading in a different direction (a la Tung/D'Ambrosio material).
    According to Belgian TV, Bertrand Baguette claims to have a F1 drive for 2010 but wont say with who, rumours are he's already signed with Renault.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rubinho's first appearance in Williams colours:

http://twitpic.com/w49kr

http://twitpic.com/o1drq

http://twitpic.com/syynw
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1