Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Just thought I'd get in before this thread is locked. harsha, you are totally wrong here. These guys were not banned because they went off topic - they were banned for getting nastier and nastier with each other and what they posted.
    nip the problem @ the roots...
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    True Harsha, but as mentioned there were no mods on line when it started. A few other posters tried to stop the feud with no luck before Pino got involved.
    When Pino came on line he put two warnings in the thread and cleaned it up. I do not know if he issued PMs, nor is it any of my business.
    It continued in spite of the warnings and Pino acted.
    As mentioned Pino was busy with a family event so cannot be faulted for not stopping it earlier.
    Mods are volunteers and do have lives outside of the forums!

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    I just think that it is best to avoid problems like this by not saying anything.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    I myself had to hold back, I really wanted to tell this joker what a disruptive idiot he was being; but in the end I acted on sensible advice from Daniel and simply put the poster on my ignore list. From there on in my forum experience got a whole lot better. Sadly some others carried on arguing and, in my opinion, lowered themself to his level.
    Yeah I put Ioan on ignore once but soon found that the forum got incredibly dull Now if I find a thread irritating there's a little X in a square box that I find sort of useful

For the record though I didn't even bother with the F1 forum after Brazil, it was obvious that it would be full of people saying that Button didn't deserve it, that x driver is better anc eventually end up as a Schumacher/Senna argument. However I wouldn't be surprised Pino took reasonable action, looking at the list of members who have been banned it seems to be a who's who of inflamatory posters who walk the tightrope of banningness on a weekly basis. Just my 2 cents (Because obviously the topic hasn't been discussed enough )
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Folks we are going nowhere here.
    Everything has been brought up and discussed.
    My suggestion is we stop here.
    Let us shut this down on our own before the Mods or the Admin does.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Folks we are going nowhere here.
    Everything has been brought up and discussed.
    My suggestion is we stop here.
    Let us shut this down on our own before the Mods or the Admin does.
    Hey!! you know what?? I missed all the action. The race was on at 3 am, so I missed the race. Then the F1 replay was stated on the next night on the TV times but they replayed the Moto GP instead. Then, of course, I didn't check when the TV times said the Moto GP replay was on and they showed the F1 replay instead, so I missed that. By the time I logged onto Motorsport Forum, the congratulatory thread was locked, and the guys were already banned.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Oh dear...

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    I just think that it is best to avoid problems like this by not saying anything.

and using the "ignore" function, if something is blocked that I may think is worth reading then I'll un'ignore' them. Having had a few runins with ioan previously, I just 'ignore' him.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Then I come over here to the forum feedback thread and find not only is there a ban, but Pino wont even explain himself.
    No. As often occurs in these situations, Pino has indeed explained himself, and incase you missed the many posts he made, the reason is that members were told to stop arguing and quieten down, but they failed to do so, on more than one occasion. So the only avenue remaining was temporary bans.

Remember that in such situations it's not only the instigator of trouble who is causing problems but the people arguing back too, now some of those arguing back were told to stop, they did not do so and so were given a temporary ban too.

I think perhaps "won't explain himself" is more like "won't back down"!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa

Then I come over here to the forum feedback thread and find not only is there a ban, but Pino wont even explain himself.
    Mark, half of my posts in F1 Forum are warnings and requests directed at forum members, not to mention (once again) the now 3 years old thread with rules stuck on top page...so do you really think I need to justify or explain myself when I give a temporarly ban ?
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life