Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Banning of Members part deux

While I never normally read about people being banned, or the squabbles on the f1 forum, I found reference to this, noticed the banned tags on a few members and wondered.

Then I come over here to the forum feedback thread and find not only is there a ban, but Pino wont even explain himself. As someone who has been on the receiving end of a moddy's wrath for a warning once, I get that usually it is between the Moddy and the bannee, but It would be nice for the Moddy to at least discuss in general what is acceptable and what isn't in this case. It would also be a little more intelligent to discuss this in a thread instaed of locking it off as if God came down from the heaven and declared Pino's law absolute. Just a thought.....

Heck..I am glad I am not a Moddy. I would ban a few people just for being idiots before being deposed, but I am smart enough to know you cant ban people for disagreeing with you. I almost get the sense that is what happened here.....and I think an explanation would be educational if nothing else.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    After finding the thread, I see that the thread went off topic...big hairy deal. If the Indy Car Moddy closed every thread that went off topic, they all would have padlocks on em....

Pino...I respect your position and your opinion usually, but on this one, I think you owe the posters at large some sort of criteria. Close the thread perhaps, but to ban those six is just wrong.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Ihave been informed by a member that the thread has been alterned and the offending posts were removed. OK...lol.I take back some of what I said. Without seeing those posts, I cannot judge Pino. Shouldn't actually in this case since I was on the road when all of this went down.

For the most part, I think Pino has favoured certain members far too much, and allowed them to gang up, troll, be-little and bait one member in particular for daring not to see the world through British-centric F1 eyes.

But since one of those is amongst the banned, I think Pino finally saw his so-called friend for what he actually was....a pathetic little troll.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It really is amusing as to how people decide to launch their vile diatribe when the persons who are being targetted have no chance of hitting back...a real cheap shot..
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    For the most part, I think Pino has favoured certain members far too much, and allowed them to gang up, troll, be-little and bait one member in particular for daring not to see the world through British-centric F1 eyes.

But since one of those is amongst the banned, I think Pino finally saw his so-called friend for what he actually was....a pathetic little troll.
    C'mon Tam..name names..lol

Moddy's sometimes will play favourites, I get that.

My point is, and hasn't changed, that when you read the tea leaves here a few days later, no one who wasn't viewing the thread at the time has the first clue on what was said, who was right, who was wrong. We are left with a locked thread and no indication of what happened. It is sort of finding people missing, with little evidence of foul play, but you know there was....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harsha
    It really is amusing as to how people decide to launch their vile diatribe when the persons who are being targetted have no chance of hitting back...a real cheap shot..
    Isn't that what got someone banned in the first place? All is far in love and cheap shots...lol

Since Tam didn't name names, he is on safe ground. I have no stinking idea of to whom he is referring....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mark: The thread was not only way off topic but getting very nasty. I and a couple of other posters tried to get it on track and calmed down. Pino, who had been busy with a family event, came on and spent a lot of time cleaning it up. He also issued two separate warnings to everyone to cool it. I know I was fed up and so were several other posters. I read most of it before Pino edited it but may have missed some stuff.
    Pino took action and it was rather drastic.
    I have had a run in with Pino but all in all he does a very good job.
    I have too much of a temper to ever be a mod but I sure would have issued bans before Pino did.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what people have to understand is that "in a thread meant to congratulate Button and his fans,If you try to criticize him and make fun of him,you are obviously gonna get the thread diverted"

in that case,wouldn't it be the wise choice to ban the person who was responsible for leading the entire thread offtopic rather than ban the entire lot who if any i'm sure were reacting to the initial post.....
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Mark: The thread was not only way off topic but getting very nasty. I and a couple of other posters tried to get it on track and calmed down. Pino, who had been busy with a family event, came on and spent a lot of time cleaning it up. He also issued two separate warnings to everyone to cool it. I know I was fed up and so were several other posters. I read most of it before Pino edited it but may have missed some stuff.
    Pino took action and it was rather drastic.
    I have had a run in with Pino but all in all he does a very good job.
    I have too much of a temper to ever be a mod but I sure would have issued bans before Pino did.
    Good lord, for 6 guys to be dumped, it must have been nasty.

After some introspection, I take it all back Pino..lol...ban em!!!! lol