View Poll Results: Who should partner Hamilton at McLaren ?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Button

3 5.56%
  • Heidfeld

5 9.26%
  • Kimi

25 46.30%
  • Kovalainen

3 5.56%
  • Rosberg

13 24.07%
  • Sutil

5 9.26%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Reality is, for Kimi, if he goes there, that's were his career will end as the no2 for Hamilton. He will be treated like he was at Ferrari, there will be even more tantrums too.
    What has Lewis proven exactly? Please enlighten me. As far as I can see, he has proven that he is one of the best driver out there. He has not proven anything when he had a team mate on the same level.
    While I have all the respect in the world for the guy as a drive, I still reckon he's a bloody er, who couldn't cope with Kimi.

When was the last time in F1, when there were two driver at the top of their game and there was no tension, people tell me. (And please don't say Ferrari 07-08)
    Lewis has proven he can fight for championships, and win them, with 2 championship fights in his first two years. Thats a proven championship fighter. Im not sure about your views on macca favouring lewis over alonso, because Lewis was a rookie so needed that extra step to get him to a top driver, but i believe there was equality that alonso saw as favouring the new guy because he had ideas about being outright number 1. but thats another topic.

Your second point is very interesting: I can actually remember a team with 2 drivers being so superb without tension. Im not sure what the tension was like between lauda and prost in 84, some of the older folk round here can enlighten me on that.

But the tension has always been because of the competitiveness and the will to win, not to mention the fact that they want to be the better driver from the same car. I believe there would be less tension yet no less competition between kimi and hamilton, because the ice man and lewis are too 'cool' for that, in every sense of the word. (apart from the hot headed moments lewis has had in the past.... that was stupinity it resulted in, not anger....)

Im sure both will enjoy each others competition. Who knows i could be wrong, but something tells me Kimi-Hammy is a great team in the making. plus we would see whos best out of the two.............
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    Why not Barichello?

Seriously, he is still fast, he is a race winner, he is awesome at setup, he has good relationships with his teammates, and he has helped his team multiple time to become WCC.

And he would be very cheap, compared to Button and Kimi.

I repeat: Why not Rubens?

This is a good idea,maybe McLaren read this forum?
    Care shall near each soul

You can´t win without the Finn.Flat Out Heikki

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Reality is, for Kimi, if he goes there, that's were his career will end as the no2 for Hamilton. He will be treated like he was at Ferrari, there will be even more tantrums too.
    What has Lewis proven exactly? Please enlighten me. As far as I can see, he has proven that he is one of the best driver out there. He has not proven anything when he had a team mate on the same level.
    Lewis has been in Formula One for three seasons now. And the only time he's really had a driver at (or above) his level was his first season... some guy named Alonso. How did the final 2007 season results have them ranked again?

I like Kovi. He seems like a nice fellow. I'd let him go out with my sister (if I had a sister). But whether it's to be a strong #2/wingman or to challenge for wins and help with the championship, I don't see that he is the man for that job. I'd hire Glock before I'd bring Kovalainen back - probably the same results for less money.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    Lewis has proven he can fight for championships, and win them, with 2 championship fights in his first two years. Thats a proven championship fighter.
    Totally agree. One of the best, on the grid. No questions.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    But the tension has always been because of the competitiveness and the will to win, not to mention the fact that they want to be the better driver from the same car. I believe there would be less tension yet no less competition between kimi and hamilton, because the ice man and lewis are too 'cool' for that, in every sense of the word. (apart from the hot headed moments lewis has had in the past.... that was stupinity it resulted in, not anger....)

Im sure both will enjoy each others competition. Who knows i could be wrong, but something tells me Kimi-Hammy is a great team in the making. plus we would see whos best out of the two.............
    I just can't see it working with Lewis + someone on his level. It will end in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Lewis has been in Formula One for three seasons now. And the only time he's really had a driver at (or above) his level was his first season... some guy named Alonso. How did the final 2007 season results have them ranked again?
    Kimo won. Ironic though, if you look at it but: last two years the team two strongest drivers lost. (would be nice if we had a repeat next year and we don't see "3F" Ferrari domination)

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I like Kovi. He seems like a nice fellow. I'd let him go out with my sister (if I had a sister). But whether it's to be a strong #2/wingman or to challenge for wins and help with the championship, I don't see that he is the man for that job. I'd hire Glock before I'd bring Kovalainen back - probably the same results for less money.
    Glock is a decent choice too. The reality is, it doesn't matter much everyone after Massa, Alonso, Kimi and Lewis are pretty much in the same bag, but I can see whoever joins McLaren will be the new Barrichello and the McLaren whipping boy for a great many years to come.
    I'd have Kovi waste away and try to improve rather than ruin some more careers.
    Look what happened to Rubens, do you want to see Rosberg in the same light?

Julius Caesar did say "I would rather be first in a small village in Gaul than second in command in Rome", and the only people I see considering Mclaren are old guys who want a nice paycheck for two years and enjoy life afterwards.

Oh, would you let me go out with your sister (if you had a sister)?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As posted in Kimi's future thread
    http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...ays-raikkonen/

Kimi is saying the only option for next year in formula 1 is Mclaren..Now the ball is in Mclaren's court
    ''If your in control, your not going fast enough''

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    well with 45 mil this year he can afford to sit out one.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I tend to agree. Heikki fits well within the team and works well with the other driver. Those are two important factors for any team.
    Actually I see it in an opposite way. OK, McLaren acts like a professional team and is doing their best to try to get the best out of Heikki instead of blaming him. And HK is doing his best to have a positive attitude.

But if we leave human relations out and analyze work relations, then it's clear that this partnership has not worked out. For whatever reason Heikki is constantly failing to unveil his potential and his stock is falling. He would get better results in another team. Also McLaren needs a driver, who can adapt better to racing alongside Lewis. McLaren-Kova may make a brave face together, but in reality they don't work well together at all - they are holding each other back. Common sense tells to part ways.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Look who's topped the timesheets in P2... I doubt it will help him keep his job though

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Counts for nothing...lets see where he is when the chequered flag drops
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Kimi is saying the only option for next year in formula 1 is Mclaren"

To clarify, it appears what he said (meant) is that he is only staying in F1 next year if he can drive for Mclaren. I hope he gets the seat, but he does not appear to have a strong negotiating position.