Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts

Mitsubishi entries so far

I think we all agree that Lancers of Gardemeister & Pons that showed up on the 3 rallies run so far were run as a privateer efforts.
    But! (As if you doubted there'd be one!)
    At Monte and Swedish, they were entered as MMSP Ltd.
    Isn't that the name of works Mitsubishi's entrant Mitsubishi Motors Motor Sports?
    Then, in Norway, they were entered as "Toni Gardemeister" and "Xavier Pons" respectively.
    Could someone shed some more light on this please?

Also, I'd like to know does Juho Hanninen's car have to do anything (preparation-wise) with this guys, or is it completely separate operation?
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    It's Ralliart UK who has run and prepared the Mitsu's for Gardemeister and Pons on all 3 events. Why they chose the "MMSP ltd" banner on some events and just drivers names on others is a bit of a mistery (to me at least). It was the same last year with Sordo, who on some events ran under the Kronos banner and on other under his own name.

Regarding Hanninen, then his car is run/prepared by RRE Sports with help from Ralliart UK.

RRE Sports has been running several finnish drivers in Mitsu's over the last couple of years. Mostly in Group N, but also a few in WRC group A8.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Myabe one paid for the entry and the other did the same. So if Toni pays, then he is entered as Toni instead of MMSP (not saying he paid from his own pocket but from his sponsors, whilst if it was MMSP they paid for it?!)
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    I think it has to do with the confusion over the Arab case. They cars were probably entered first as Mitsu Emirates or whatever that was supposed to be called. Then when that fell apart, they wanted to change entrant. As they had allready paid a higher entry fee for legal entities, they used MMSp. In Norway they took cheaper entry fee and used drivers as entrants. Does that make sence?

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    I think COD is right, the entry deadlines for Monte and Sweden were probably due before the Emirates MT (M2) entry was canceled so the just ran the cars under those names while in Norway they entered as privateers.

Speaking of Mitsu/Garde/Pons, does anyone know if they will do more rounds or is this it for now?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Garde is in the portugal entry with a Mitsu, but it's not sure yet he will drive a Mitsu.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Both Gardemeister and Pons are on the entrylist for Portugal. So is portugese driver Araújo, also in a Mitsu WRC.

But some rumours say that Gardemeister and/or Pons are looking for another type of car (perhaps a Xsara?)
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    I think it has to do with the confusion over the Arab case. They cars were probably entered first as Mitsu Emirates or whatever that was supposed to be called. Then when that fell apart, they wanted to change entrant. As they had allready paid a higher entry fee for legal entities, they used MMSp. In Norway they took cheaper entry fee and used drivers as entrants. Does that make sence?
    Yeah, COD, it sure does. I reckon that would explain it. Thanks.
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!