Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Fastest Laps Analysis: Brazilian GP

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/10/1...laps-analysis/

Very interesting chart showing the fastest laps, but more importantly the most consistent drivers in the Brazilian GP.

The Red Bulls were clearly the fastest over one lap but neither driver was consistently fast - Vettel being stuck in traffic probably didn't help. However, is that because Vettel can't overtake as well as Button/Hamilton etc? We saw it in Turkey too, so I'd add that to Vettel's weaknesses (or the Red Bull car) - it's probably cost him a decent shot at the championship.

The most consistent drivers were Kubica, Button, and.... Buemi. 69% of his laps were within 1% of his fastest lap time, which explains his excellent points finish.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus

Very interesting chart showing the fastest laps, but more importantly the most consistent drivers in the Brazilian GP.

The Red Bulls were clearly the fastest over one lap but neither driver was consistently fast - Vettel being stuck in traffic probably didn't help. However, is that because Vettel can't overtake as well as Button/Hamilton etc? We saw it in Turkey too, so I'd add that to Vettel's weaknesses (or the Red Bull car) - it's probably cost him a decent shot at the championship.

The most consistent drivers were Kubica, Button, and.... Buemi. 69% of his laps were within 1% of his fastest lap time, which explains his excellent points finish.
    Very interesting charts, there. I suppose fuel strategy plays a significant role in the % of laps near your best.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    Very interesting charts, there. I suppose fuel strategy plays a significant role in the % of laps near your best.
    Traffic and race position too. Who knows how many more fast laps Webber would have done if he'd had to towards the end. And maybe Hamilton would have taken it a bit easier if he hadn't been chasing down Rubens.
    But yes, interesting charts nevertheless. There is similar analysis for previous races on visionf1.com.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus

Raikkonen and Kobayashi managed just under 50% too, good performances from them.

I think Buemi's consistency stemmed from the fact that he was on his own for nearly the whole race.