Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    The main excitement about GP2 Asia is to see, how will various potentially quite talented rookies perform. Filippi could be a strong contender for overall GP2 Asia win though with his vast experience.

Latest information from GP2 insider.
    interesting, not one Asian amongst the bunch

why not just call it GP2 EuroX

and what's with the 4 rounds only?

seems like a lost cause to me, with a bunch of drivers who already drive in the GP2 main series instead of fielding newcomers to asses their potentials
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I personally see the GP2 Asia series and the winter GP2 series, so I like the fact that many drivers in the main series drive in the Asian one as well. Besides, there are many rookies, including two Bulgarians
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I missed this morning's race as it wasn't broadcast live and Eurosport in their infinite wisdom decided to schedule the replay opposite F1. Honestly, they'd got more viewers if they put it on in the middle of the night! Any idea if it's repeated?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Huh? In my shedule it is written that it will be live from 10.30 CET? I better not enter any motorsport sites. I hate to be spoiled.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Giedo van der Garde signed for the Addax Team next season.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80194

I reckon he can go for a championship, his first test with the team was promosing at least. Fingers crossed he can make a jump to F1 someday.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Based on these news van der Garde is surely one of the drivers to take seriously in top contention next season, although I don't quite consider him as a special talent in the vein of Hulks and Hamiltons of this world as it looks like it takes vd Garde some time to adapt and find speed. He has stayed around in European feeder series for some time already before becoming a serious force and also in '09 it took him some time to adapt to GP2 and start performing at iSport, while other rookie Hülkenberg clinched the title in comfortable fashion. But 2010 should really be "now or never" in terms of title contention if Giedo aims to break into F1. He needs to leave potential rookies like Bianchi, Leimer, etc clearly in the shadow with his relatively vast experience to become attractive to F1 team bosses in any way.

Potential team-mate? I think Sergio Perez will likely join either ART or Barwa Addax. Maybe Grosjean will make a comeback to Barwa?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Based on these news van der Garde is surely one of the drivers to take seriously in top contention next season, although I don't quite consider him as a special talent in the vein of Hulks and Hamiltons of this world as it looks like it takes vd Garde some time to adapt and find speed. He has stayed around in European feeder series for some time already before becoming a serious force and also in '09 it took him some time to adapt to GP2 and start performing at iSport, while other rookie Hülkenberg clinched the title in comfortable fashion. But 2010 should really be "now or never" in terms of title contention if Giedo aims to break into F1. He needs to leave potential rookies like Bianchi, Leimer, etc clearly in the shadow with his relatively vast experience to become attractive to F1 team bosses in any way.
    I agree, Giedo is no Hamilton or Hulkenberg, but after last season I think the guy showed sparks of potential again. Indeed, he made a bit of a slow start, but as a first time GP2 driver, he faired pretty well in the 2nd half of the season. But now that he has (presumably) one of the best cars for next season, he has to show what he's truly made of.

He already has some experience driving F1 cars as a testdriver, which could be an advantage. A smaller team would probably come in line for him rather than a big name, that's true.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe Grosjean will make a comeback to Barwa?
    He's been there, done that. He has nothing more to prove in GP2, and even if he wins, he'll just end up like Pantano. If he is not in F1 next season, Grosjean needs to find good racing elsewhere. Going back to GP2 would be bad for him, and bad for GP2. There's already too much of the same lot of drivers coming back year after year without shining.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Copse
    He's been there, done that. He has nothing more to prove in GP2, and even if he wins, he'll just end up like Pantano. If he is not in F1 next season, Grosjean needs to find good racing elsewhere. Going back to GP2 would be bad for him, and bad for GP2. There's already too much of the same lot of drivers coming back year after year without shining.
    I think he'll end up doing a Bourdais, go to the USA, be immensly successful before coming back to F1.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a feeling whether or not he will get a 2010 test / reserve role, I prefer
    for Hildebrand to move up to GP2. JR did not get any response from any
    Indy Car teams for a possible ride in 2010. Hopefully with this Force India
    test may open the GP2 paddock.