Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Links?
    To what?

It's hilarious to think that just one member is the cause of all problems on the F1 forum. Having been here for as long as you have you must surely realise that the cause of the friction in the F1 forum is the fact that F1 is such a cut throat sport and also one where people are very tribal.
    No, one member is the problem, to a large degree, for the reasons I outlined above. It amazes me that certain people can't see this; also, that they seem unaware of the very specific nature of the problems with him.

It's a disucssion forum and we're all adults. As Donkey Jote suggested yesterday just add him/her to your ignore list if you don't like what they say and suggest that others do the same.
    Again, as I said, this simply isn't the answer.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I think it should be possible to disagree with someone whilst remaining on friendly, or at least civil terms.

One of the my bugbears on here (and elsewhere on the web) are emoticons. I simply can't bear it when I post an opinion and someone sees fit to reply with a little yellow face rolling around laughing. If you disagree then for God's sake explain why and do so using words.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Links?

It's hilarious to think that just one member is the cause of all problems on the F1 forum. Having been here for as long as you have you must surely realise that the cause of the friction in the F1 forum is the fact that F1 is such a cut throat sport and also one where people are very tribal.

It's a disucssion forum and we're all adults. As Donkey Jote suggested yesterday just add him/her to your ignore list if you don't like what they say and suggest that others do the same.
    Are you being deliberately obtuse?

You say "look at the threads I'm talking about" and expect me to read your mind. This is what i'm talking about when I say "Links?"

I suspect I know who you're talking about and whilst yes this person is part of the problem the F1 forum isn't just magically going to be better, on the other side there are also people who are just as bad as him and there is also a group of people who will troll for a response for him or even mention his name in threads that he's not yet been in.

I have a different view of this person, I feel that most of the problems caused directly or indirectly by him could be avoided by simply ignoring him when he does say something which pushes peoples buttons. I also think that the reactions towards this person on the rare occasion that he says something good about Hamilton or McLaren are not exactly helpful when it comes to promoting harmony on the forums.

BBB, I think a smiley is appropriate sometimes. If I said that Fiat have 50 years history is building reliable and rust free cars what would you do? Type out a well reasoned post to debate the points with someone who obviously has no freaking idea or ?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

You say "look at the threads I'm talking about" and expect me to read your mind. This is what i'm talking about when I say "Links?"
    Not at all. Links to the posts I consider particularly ridiculous, or those that are examples of how to offer an opinion that is different to the majority?

I suspect I know who you're talking about and whilst yes this person is part of the problem the F1 forum isn't just magically going to be better, on the other side there are also people who are just as bad as him and there is also a group of people who will troll for a response for him or even mention his name in threads that he's not yet been in.

I have a different view of this person, I feel that most of the problems caused directly or indirectly by him could be avoided by simply ignoring him when he does say something which pushes peoples buttons. I also think that the reactions towards this person on the rare occasion that he says something good about Hamilton or McLaren are not exactly helpful when it comes to promoting harmony on the forums.
    No, this person is impossibly rude. Maybe not by your standards, but by mine, and those of others, it seems, he is now beyond the pale. He should be banned permanently.

BBB, I think a smiley is appropriate sometimes. If I said that Fiat have 50 years history is building reliable and rust free cars what would you do? Type out a well reasoned post to debate the points with someone who obviously has no freaking idea or ?
    The way the poster to whom I am referring uses them is exceptionally rude.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Not at all. Links to the posts I consider particularly ridiculous, or those that are examples of how to offer an opinion that is different to the majority?

No, this person is impossibly rude. Maybe not by your standards, but by mine, and those of others, it seems, he is now beyond the pale. He should be banned permanently.

The way the poster to whom I am referring uses them is exceptionally rude.
    I think your post is thoroughly unacceptable. Calling for this person to be banned purely because you and a few people don't like the way he voices his opinions is just childish and not what I'd expect from a mature person like yourself.

Pino's got better things to do than ban someone because a few people can't accept that he doesn't want to kneel down and worship at the Button altar. I don't think Button is the best champion ever but tbh I cbf dealing with all the Brits who freak out whenever you say something negative about one of their teams or drivers.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

I think your post is thoroughly unacceptable. Calling for this person to be banned purely because you and a few people don't like the way he voices his opinions is just childish and not what I'd expect from a mature person like yourself.
    What I expect is for people on here to be sensible. The person I'm talking about isn't, and repeatedly.

Pino's got better things to do than ban someone because a few people can't accept that he doesn't want to kneel down and worship at the Button altar. I don't think Button is the best champion ever but tbh I cbf dealing with all the Brits who freak out whenever you say something negative about one of their teams or drivers.
    How many more times do I have to say that I am not talking about the opinions themselves, but the way in which they are expressed? The sole reason you are defending this is because of your own views on the subject you mention. I don't feel strongly one way or the other on it. What I do feel strongly about is the behaviour of one individual in particular on these forums, which I consider to be utterly intolerable.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans

One of the my bugbears on here (and elsewhere on the web) are emoticons. I simply can't bear it when I post an opinion and someone sees fit to reply with a little yellow face rolling around laughing. If you disagree then for God's sake explain why and do so using words.
    I hate that smile too, unless is used in a funny way and not when quoting someone, just for the sake of making fun of the poster...as many do in F1 Forum
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with Daniel...I've had my "encounters" with Ioan(fail to see why you aren't taking the name of the person in question) and I don't agree with quite a lot of his opinions but banning ain't the solution....
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harsha
    I've had my "encounters" with Ioan and I don't agree with quite a lot of his opinions
    From what I've seen he disagrees with quite lot of his own opinions too.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    From what I've seen he disagrees with quite lot of his own opinions too.
    Well then leave him to it. What's your problem? So what if he disagrees with things he's said in the past. Big whoop-de-doo, live and let live, c'est la vie, stop being a bunch of crybabies etc etc.