Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    What moderators? The F1 championship was decided earlier today, emotions are running high, and yet there's no moderators to be seen. As a result, one individual is running amok posting the most idiotic drivel imaginable then playing the victim the moment they're called on it.
    They are there — one has posted in one of the threads this evening. But it would be nice if they did something once in a while.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    What moderators? The F1 championship was decided earlier today, emotions are running high, and yet there's no moderators to be seen. As a result, one individual is running amok posting the most idiotic drivel imaginable then playing the victim the moment they're called on it.
    Dave, I've had some relatives for dinner last night, and I could not leave them alone at the table because of the forum. Sorry for having a life besides the forum...and btw there is more than one individual, should I ban all of them ?
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    They are there — one has posted in one of the threads this evening. But it would be nice if they did something once in a while.
    Because yesterday was a special day where the Champ was decided, I decided to delete the rude posts only and forget about the rest. Otherwise I should've banned at least 4 members...is that what you want ?
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't mean to be rude but you could just ignore him/her?

As DonkeyJote says it's a two way street and if people don't like the heat perhaps they should get out of the kitchen. It seems like people don't like the fact that a champion is coming up for some criticism and I guess I can understand that a little but people have the right to criticise and make whatever points they want to.

I think people want the F1 forum ruled like a police state sometimes but only when it means that their rivals will be silenced. This is life peoples and if someone disagrees with you then they're allowed to as long as they don't make it personal and aren't being nasty.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Dave, I've had some relatives for dinner last night, and I could not leave them alone at the table because of the forum. Sorry for having a life besides the forum...
    I've said before that it's not a criticism of individual moderators, rather a plea for there to be more of them. I wouldn't expect you or anyone to put the forum above family committments; I would expect there to be more moderators around for important events like this.

...and btw there is more than one individual, should I ban all of them ?
    If they're all equally guility, yes. Warned for their behaviour and if they continue: banned.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel

As DonkeyJote says it's a two way street and if people don't like the heat perhaps they should get out of the kitchen. It seems like people don't like the fact that a champion is coming up for some criticism and I guess I can understand that a little but people have the right to criticise and make whatever points they want to.
    I've never had any problem with people disagreeing with me, or criticising a driver I support. However, as you well know, there's one particular member who changes his/her opinion to suit the prevailing wind, who hurls abuse around then whines like a baby when anybody dares answer back, and is currently lagging slightly behind David Cameron for the title of world's biggest hypocrite.

Anybody else would be called a troll and banned; but some people appear to be Telfon coated.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

I think people want the F1 forum ruled like a police state sometimes but only when it means that their rivals will be silenced. This is life peoples and if someone disagrees with you then they're allowed to as long as they don't make it personal and aren't being nasty.
    No, this is very different. There is one member who has become completely impossible, yet nothing is ever done about it. Everyone else is perfectly tolerable no matter what their opinions are. Go back through the threads in question and you will see that. There are ways of expressing opinions and having discussions. The member in question has not a clue about this, and it is time something was done about it.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    No, this is very different. There is one member who has become completely impossible, yet nothing is ever done about it. Everyone else is perfectly tolerable no matter what their opinions are. Go back through the threads in question and you will see that. There are ways of expressing opinions and having discussions. The member in question has not a clue about this, and it is time something was done about it.
    Pino can't ban someone for having opinions you don't agree with or reasoning that is flawed no matter how crazy it may seem. Free speach and all. I've not seen anyone breaking the forum rules in the F1 forum that often. I have seen people talking crap with no factual basis but yet again I must repeat that Pino can hardly ban someone because they don't reason things like you or I would want them to.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Pino can't ban someone for having opinions you don't agree with or reasoning that is flawed no matter how crazy it may seem. Free speach and all. I've not seen anyone breaking the forum rules in the F1 forum that often. I have seen people talking crap with no factual basis but yet again I must repeat that Pino can hardly ban someone because they don't reason things like you or I would want them to.
    You misunderstand. I do not have a problem with differing opinions. Look at the threads I'm talking about and you will see plenty of examples of differing opinions expressed in a mature, sensible and well-thought-out manner. But one forum member is incapable of this and has, as I said, become impossible. I simply cannot understand why the moderators do not realise this, although I do have one theory that it might be impolite for me to post.

I'm sure the mods would express the view that banning this one member is not the answer and he should just be ignored instead. This is not the answer, because he comes to dominate threads to an extent that makes ignoring his vitriol and his, frankly, almost schizophrenic (not a word I use lightly) hypocrisy impossible. Sorry, but it's time for action to be taken and for him to be banned permanently if the F1 forum is not to go completely out of control, for I am convinced that this one member is the root cause of most of the trouble. I don't normally moan like this about such matters, but my enjoyment of debating things on the F1 forum has almost been reduced to zero. This is the fault of one member and inadequate moderation of that member.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    You misunderstand. I do not have a problem with differing opinions. Look at the threads I'm talking about and you will see plenty of examples of differing opinions expressed in a mature, sensible and well-thought-out manner. But one forum member is incapable of this and has, as I said, become impossible. I simply cannot understand why the moderators do not realise this, although I do have one theory that it might be impolite for me to post.

I'm sure the mods would express the view that banning this one member is not the answer and he should just be ignored instead. This is not the answer, because he comes to dominate threads to an extent that makes ignoring his vitriol and his, frankly, almost schizophrenic (not a word I use lightly) hypocrisy impossible. Sorry, but it's time for action to be taken and for him to be banned permanently if the F1 forum is not to go completely out of control, for I am convinced that this one member is the root cause of most of the trouble. I don't normally moan like this about such matters, but my enjoyment of debating things on the F1 forum has almost been reduced to zero. This is the fault of one member and inadequate moderation of that member.
    Links?

It's hilarious to think that just one member is the cause of all problems on the F1 forum. Having been here for as long as you have you must surely realise that the cause of the friction in the F1 forum is the fact that F1 is such a cut throat sport and also one where people are very tribal.

It's a disucssion forum and we're all adults. As Donkey Jote suggested yesterday just add him/her to your ignore list if you don't like what they say and suggest that others do the same.