Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WSBK Imola

WSBK Imola

WSB returns to Imola this weekend and a new track layout. 250 world champion Marco Simoncelli will ride the Aprilia in place of Shinya Nakano who is still recovering from injuries. I'm going record the races, check out the results and then watch (or not). A bit weird I know, but I just so want Nori to do well and it's all getting a bit much for my nerves to watch the races live.
    Nori mokin:

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    I hope Nori can do well too. Hopefully Rea is not close behind him in the races...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Come on Chac, I know how gutted you can feel when your favoured rider goes down or just can't make it happen on the day, but it's all a part of the rollercoaster ride... take the good with the bad and all that Watch 'em live, live the race with Nori, he'd like that

I'm on the edge of my seat for Nori too, and the race is still two days away
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

OK I'll be brave and watch the races live. He's been my favourite rider for around 9 years and being a fan does mean "taking the good with the bad" and staying on the rollercoaster.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chac47
    OK I'll be brave and watch the races live. He's been my favourite rider for around 9 years and being a fan does mean "taking the good with the bad" and staying on the rollercoaster.
    Yes but does it have to be so nerve wracking!!

I hope that Haga goes well too.. although I also want for Max Biaggi to do well!!

Since Roby stopped racing I have lost some interest in the Supers but when I do watch the races are edge of the seat stuff!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bayliss Wants To Come Back To World Superbikes?

The hardest thing in the world for a professional sports star is to retire. When the thrill and drive of competing falls away, sportsmen and women in every discipline tend to fall into a black hole, and spend a long time thrashing around trying to find new meaning in their lives.
    Former World Superbike star Troy Bayliss seemed to have his retirement already planned out. His future, he had decided, would lie in Australia's extremely popular V8 Supercars series, and he would channel all of his considerable talent and drive into that sport, and forget all about motorcycle racing.
    But according to leading Italian magazine MotoSprint, Bayliss just can't forget about two wheels. MotoSprint is reporting that Bayliss told them at Imola that he wanted to come back to World Superbikes. His outings in V8 Supercars had been a disappointment to him, he told MotoSprint: "The car and the team are good for twentieth place, no more."
    And so he had set his mind to World Superbikes again. "I want to race in Superbikes again," he told MotoSprint. "I'll be looking around here at Imola. It's a shame that Ducati have already signed two riders for 2010, I feel that I could have done well next season."
    Ducati team boss Davide Tardozzi confirmed that Bayliss had approached him about racing. "Troy asked me if he could race when he landed, last Tuesday. But how could we satisfy his request? We don't have the resources for three riders," Motosprint quotes Tardozzi as saying.
    With both Noriyuki Haga and Michel Fabrizio back at Ducati for next year, Bayliss is reportedly looking around for other options. According to MotoSprint, Aprilia boss Giampiero Sacchi was the first to prick up his ears upon hearing the news that Bayliss might be available, and the Australian could potentially find a seat alongside that other veteran, Max Biaggi next year. There is even speculation that Bayliss could fill in for the injured Shinya Nakano for the rest of the season, but his contract as a representative of Ducati would get in the way of this. Just how great an obstacle this would pose remains to be seen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a win by Haga!!!

It seems he brings his best game when under pressure or behind in the championship. This one was a masterclass. And what a stupid, stupid crash by Dia-Rea, and he again almost collected Haga while going off.

And who is the second commentator with Jonathan Green? Is it Steve Martin? He always seems to have a problem with Haga, saying negative things here and there in many races this year. I mean I know you've jumped on the Spies bandwagon, like almost everyone else, but the least a good commentator can do is be unbiased. And then we have Green screaming like a little girl after Rea and Haslam.

I'd rather turn off the volume than listen to biased bullsh!t commentary, something which I do many times. I wish there was an option to just turn off the commentary, so that I can only listen to the beautiful roar of those big four strokes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sure you're glad to have watched it live, Chac

Yep, Steve Martin (newly crowned WEC champ). I can't say I've noticed bias against Haga, Martin generally seems pretty balanced to me (unlike Greene, as you say). My only criticism of him in recent rounds is his tendency to talk up the guys ahead of Spies for the win when Spies is running a bit behind them - surely by now he knows that it really doesn't matter what position Spies is in when it comes time to get serious? Well, apart from Imola; apparently the electrickery in the R1 had taken the weekend off and the bike 'felt like a 600'.

Martin is typical of Aussies, with a tendency to focus on what might stop a rider from taking the win rather than what strengths he is displaying. He's a damn sight better than Jonathan 'Twit' Green, that's for sure.

Haga rode brilliantly and only finished second in race 2 because he was forced to take to his spare bike (I have not heard what the problem was).

Rea rode foolishly, perhaps his bike was just not quite right and he was over-riding it to compensate. After his third or fourth trip to the outfield I was just hoping he'd just park it before he hurt anyone.

Congrats to Haga for regaining the title lead, Fabrizio for his race 2 victory, and Aprilia for building such an incredible bike - I think Simoncelli's pace is testament to the quality and experience that Aprilia have engineered into the RSV4. It is by far the premier Superbike on the planet (Spies makes the crossplane R1 look better than it is) and I reckon Biaggi will win a couple of races before the year is out.

Simoncelli was a hoot to watch, he really took that bike by the scruff of the neck. A pity he debases his talent with questionable passes, but I'm looking forward to his arrival in MotoGP.

WSS was quite fascinating... Crutchlow's premature exit from the restarted 9-lapper was something I didn't see coming, it really brings the title chase down to the wire!!! Come on Laverty!!!
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Imola looks suit more for Italian bikes and riders.

Marco Simoncelli may score points for your team...

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Random bit of info, last sunday I was on the same ferry as the kawasaki WSB team trucks on their way to Imola, was just a shame I couldnt blag a look around inside lol.

Will watch the races later this week when they are repeated on eurosport