Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
Hey Bagwan, feel free to edit my post

I don't mind when people's opinions differ to mine but the constant pestering of "who do YOU think is better than Bernie" was annoying. At the end of the day you should have the freedom to say something like "Hitler didn't do the best job of leading Germany in the 30's and 40's" without having to provide the names of other people you feel would be better when you're talking about such a controversial figure (understatement when talking about Hitler of course!!!!) whose ideas are disliked by a lot of people as Bernie is.

We're not talking about someone who is universally liked by people, Bernie is a very divisive figure and whilst you've gone your way with your thoughts on Bernie I went mine and I don't feel the need to ask anyone for a list of people who Bernie is better than.

Peace to everyone but you know who
Firstly , I won't edit your post , as it is not allowed , and , more importantly , gets folks upset .

Secondly , in debate , it is perfectly reasonable to ask questions of the other side , in order to further your point .
It is part of debate .
You need to expect it .

You burned Bernie for the job he did and that's fair enough . You're entitled to think so .
But , not answering the question of who might have been better at the helm gives the impression that there is nobody , and I'm quite sure that's not your intention .

You got angry , it seemed , that the question was asked , and then re-iterated a number of times by other members .
It appeared that you felt that others were ganging up on you , from your reaction that Easy's and my opinions were the only ones tolerated .

In my view , nothing could have been further from the truth .

As I saw it , the debate was about to work it's way into whether , indeed , there was another who could have done it better .
That's why we asked .

And , maybe I sent it off kilter with what I posted , but the intention was to move the speculation back to those inside the paddock .

Perhaps Jackie Stewart ?
Or , Ron Dennis ?

It would have had to be someone withing the ranks to be trusted , wouldn't it ?