Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ari Vatanen

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    "I think the reason that we will succeed with a massive majority has nothing to do with my qualities – be they good, bad or indifferent – because I think that people perceive that the existing regime is beginning to be a disaster for motorsport."
    Vatanen? Todt? Neither.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    try this for size:

todt, brawn and briatore were together at Benetton during its dodgiest days when they had controversy after controversy, but won titles.

todt and max worry about briatore knowing where too many of todt's bodies are buried and what he was involved in.

flav stuffs up, max and JT snap up the opportunity to get flav out of the way for good.

clearing an even smoother path for JT to ascend to the presidency, without a crafty team boss having any dirt on him.

just a theory, but makes you think, because symonds apart, nobody else got punished...
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey T
    try this for size:

todt, brawn and briatore were together at Benetton during its dodgiest days when they had controversy after controversy, but won titles.

todt and max worry about briatore knowing where too many of todt's bodies are buried and what he was involved in.

flav stuffs up, max and JT snap up the opportunity to get flav out of the way for good.

clearing an even smoother path for JT to ascend to the presidency, without a crafty team boss having any dirt on him.

just a theory, but makes you think, because symonds apart, nobody else got punished...
    Doubt that this is far from the truth , better give Walkinshaw a call ......!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    try this for size:

todt, brawn and briatore were together at Benetton...
    Jean Todt was never at Benetton.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    try this for size:

Try this for a better size:

Todt never worked with Benetton. :\

PS: As Arrows already pointed it out.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Todt has the experience to be able to do a good job as the head of the FIA (whether he chooses to or not is another thing altogether).

He started out as Guy Frequilan's (spelling) co-driver in the Talbot-Lotus Rally team in the early days of the WRC (Guy eventually becoming the head of Citreon-Sport). After that he ran the Talbot-Peugeot Rally team who won multiple Championship's with multiple driver's (Ari Vatanen being one driver he employed) as well as Dakar rally's before he moved to F1.

Given all of this he is capable of doing a good job but nobody really knows what has been done behind the scenes to get him to this position.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macksrallye
    I think Todt has the experience to be able to do a good job as the head of the FIA (whether he chooses to or not is another thing altogether).

He started out as Guy Frequilan's (spelling) co-driver in the Talbot-Lotus Rally team in the early days of the WRC (Guy eventually becoming the head of Citreon-Sport). After that he ran the Talbot-Peugeot Rally team who won multiple Championship's with multiple driver's (Ari Vatanen being one driver he employed) as well as Dakar rally's before he moved to F1.

Given all of this he is capable of doing a good job but nobody really knows what has been done behind the scenes to get him to this position.
    You forgot to say that Todt managed Peugeot's Le Mans effort too, which also ended with the team wining the 24hours race!

So he is the most successful all rounder team boss in motorsport:
    rally championships, Rally raid wins in Paris Dakkar, Le Mans 24 hours wins and 6 drivers + 7 constructors F1 championships.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    In case no one has noticed the FIA is a heck of a lot more than motorsport.
    Ari has experience in real Govt.
    In fact motorsport is a minor part of what the FIA does and oversees.
    However, the 'old boys club' are using every trick in the book, and a few others to get the annointed one elected.
    That for me is enough to say NO.

Aside from that it is clear there is only one possible choice. The man who knows more than the rest of us combined. Just ask him.

IOAN

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Ari has experience in real Govt.
    No he doesn't.
    He was one of another 700 European deputies, whom aren't always something special, that's all, he didn't govern anything.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    However, the 'old boys club' are using every trick in the book, and a few others to get the annointed one elected.
    That for me is enough to say NO.

Todt will get it I guess and nothing will change with Ferrari getting special treament still. Alonso will be able to overtake two people while off the circuit and keep his win like Kimi did this year at Spa and Ferrari will still be shown any new changes to the regs for there agreement or not before they are implemented. And they will get away with it as we will all still watch but I guess we should not complain as it has been the case for so many years already and they do not always win.