Page 212 of 293 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2925
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    IF i understand right form loeb's fb (by using translator since he writes in his language)he didn't make the right tyre choice.

Nous aurions pu optimiser notre choix de pneus pour cette matinée, du coup les sensations ont été un peu moyennes. On reste néanmoins en tête et c'est le principal. La météo est un peu incertaine pour cet aprem, mais quoi qu'il arrive il faudra attaquer!
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

we have to think that Loeb uses wrc type tyre,and Maurin uses pirelli national tyre at rainy tarmac.

4. Likes: tommeke_B (29th November 2014)
    i dont think he means this,i think he means he didint do the optimum tyre choice from the tyres he was able to choose.(the wrc tyres).I think i am not sure.
    fb page

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    "We could optimise our tyre-choise for this morning, but the feeling wasn't so good. Nevertheless we're still in the lead and that's the most important. The meteo is a bit uncertain for this afternoon, but whatever happens, we need to attack!" - Translated it.

Like Dimviii said, Loeb is driving WRC-tyres from Michelin. Keep in mind they are the "single thread" tyres, so no real slicks and no real rain tyres. The soft tyres are VERY soft (it needs to rain or be really cold/damp before you can use them), but still they don't drain the water like a proper rain tyre would. The difference is probably huge in conditions like they have now...

This video is a good example of what the drivers are facing on the stages.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axCRjd_zfu4

Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    "We could optimise our tyre-choise for this morning, but the feeling wasn't so good. Nevertheless we're still in the lead and that's the most important. The meteo is a bit uncertain for this afternoon, but whatever happens, we need to attack!" - Translated it.

Like Dimviii said, Loeb is driving WRC-tyres from Michelin. Keep in mind they are the "single thread" tyres, so no real slicks and no real rain tyres. The soft tyres are VERY soft (it needs to rain or be really cold/damp before you can use them), but still they don't drain the water like a proper rain tyre would. The difference is probably huge in conditions like they have now...

This video is a good example of what the drivers are facing on the stages.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axCRjd_zfu4
    Agree.
    fb page

Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    i dont think he means this,i think he means he didint do the optimum tyre choice from the tyres he was able to choose.(the wrc tyres).I think i am not sure.
    i didnt wrote that to explain what Loeb said.
    wrc tyre is much slower than the ''national'' tyres even at same type.From Pirelli i know something 0,2-0,5 per km according to their tests.
    The other reason is what Tom said about the wrc tyres for rain(they are not enough cut,so they cant cope with much water like at this rally.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Loeb took some distance in today's last (driven) stage. The most interesting battle for tomorrow is in the 208 Cup. Audirac leading, 3s ahead of Chavanne and 11,9s ahead of Margaillan, 56km SS to go so a lot can happen.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    I heard in the news today that there has been raining during one day as much as normally during three months.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    Congrats to Seb & Sev., does this say anything about the level of the French Championship (no Couq this weekend) or Loeb's actual form? In '15 when Loeb again decides to do the Var again, it would be nice to have the whole family in the car with child on the back seat

12. Likes: janvanvurpa (30th November 2014)