Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

question on body kits

I was wondering if you could make any Mitsubishi evo like a 1992 and up look like the 07 and up evo's. and also with the Subaru impreza's because i found a 1995 impreza body for sale cheep. and was wondering if it would be worth to fix it up to look like the 06 and up sti's. or would it just end up costing too much. i know that their isen't as much to change on the 02 and up impreza's to make them look like the curent body style. so would it be smarter to find an 02 and up or could i make the 95 work. i dont have much mony as of right now so i just thought it would be cool to slowly build a rally car as i get more cash.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Might be possible but the best place to ask would be an Evo or Scooby owners club. Would be bloody expensive though, you'd be looking at serious money for a respray etc. and you wouldn't actually have a rally car, just something that resembled one. You'd probably be better off saving up and trawling sites like Pistonheads to find what you want.

TBH though it sounds like you are way off the funds, if you want a decent job done then IIRC a respray will cost upwards of £1500, decent set of wheels to suit will probably be circa £800 but probably no less than £500 even if second hand. Basically it's an expensive way round to build a car slowly, far better just waiting and saving.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foxfloat
    I was wondering if you could make any Mitsubishi evo like a 1992 and up look like the 07 and up evo's. and also with the Subaru impreza's because i found a 1995 impreza body for sale cheep. and was wondering if it would be worth to fix it up to look like the 06 and up sti's. or would it just end up costing too much. i know that their isen't as much to change on the 02 and up impreza's to make them look like the curent body style. so would it be smarter to find an 02 and up or could i make the 95 work. i dont have much mony as of right now so i just thought it would be cool to slowly build a rally car as i get more cash.
    I wouldnt try and make an older car look like a new spec one, especially an STI or EVO. I own a 2002 Prodrive Impreza and it is not a common car over here. There are plenty of 04, 05, 06, 07 & 08 models around, but you see very few older models, where I am at least, especially my "bug eyed" 02.

I am looking for a clean 99 STI at the moment, but they are either in poor condition or the good ones the owners dont want to part with.

I would leave the older cars standard and maybe add just some side sills and lower the suspension a bit, but keep the old look IMO. Remember, any "cosmetic mods" you put on the car just add weight and effect the handling, braking and performance.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    there has been a few S7/8 subarus here converted to s9 with new fronts

kenny mckinstry has one stan harper done sheamus leonard's S7

sean Gallagher also converted his S7 to a S9 look

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you can convert a Impreza 01 to a 06/07, and a evo1/2 to a evo3.and a evo 4 to a evo6,and you can convert a impreza 95 to a 00, and a evo 7 to a 9.. to convert a previos model to a new body is way to much work... then you have to change the entire body/frame and meet many diffiucult challenges.. Not worth it.. Go for a 95 imp, and put on the latest bodykit.. or a evo1/2 and put on a evo 3 evo kit.
    Never give up...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JFL is right. Evo I-III share the same chassis. Evo IV-VI same deal. Then VII-IX. The X is a new platform.

Having said that some guys in Russia modified a CT9A chassis (VII-IX) to look like a X before they were released. It must have cost them a bomb though.
    wrc.smugmug.com