Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Another question, are the events really long enough, for an International Championship? It's not that long ago most of them were 2 days.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looking back over the years the BRC in it's many incarnations has been pretty static regarding the events included. Yes the events are pale imitations of their former selves but so are most rallies these days. I think the geographic split is just about right compared to say the MSA Gravel series and BTRDA which are quite Wales/Sth England biased.

Ironically in the year of Foot and Mouth the Formula Rally S1600 series ran several events "darn sarth" including one in Kent if my memory serves me right.

And as much as Rick Smith deserves a medal for promoting the arse off the Sunseeker it's obviously failed to make the grade as far as the BRC is concerned otherwise it would have been in by now.

Interesting that you think the Trackrod shouldn't be a BRC round Mr Mayes, would you care to share your opinions with us or is it too close to accreditation time for the event?!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Sunseeker is the best option that we have but I don't think it is long enough, certainly many of the stages seem to be a bit limp.

And it's definitely not split right, draw a line through the middle of the UK and pretty much all of the events will be above it.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Sunseeker is the best option that we have but I don't think it is long enough, certainly many of the stages seem to be a bit limp.

And it's definitely not split right, draw a line through the middle of the UK and pretty much all of the events will be above it.
    The Sunseeker is the best supported, promoted event in the UK National calendar. It's a pity that the stages aren't really International standard, as it would be in. However, in my opinion, every BRC round should be like the Sunseeker.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    The Sunseeker is the best supported, promoted event in the UK National calendar. It's a pity that the stages aren't really International standard, as it would be in. However, in my opinion, every BRC round should be like the Sunseeker.
    There is no doubt that it's well put together, good Rally Radio, accesible stages for diehards and promotion for daytrippers but sadly the area just doesn't have the sort of tracks required for a substantial rally. It's certainly a format which others should take cues from, just a real pity that the area doesn't have the forestry tracks to go with the organisation
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.