Thread: buying a car

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

buying a car

ok so after actually going to a rally race and meeting ken block Travis pastrana and dave mirra. i really want to buy more of a rally car not to do actual races, becaues getting a car set up to race and then actually race is quite spendy. i'm just looking to go on the lake in the winter or find some dirt roads to just have fun. i might just do one race a year were you can rent a car for the weekend for like 200 bucks but thats it. so i got like 4500 to spend. here are the list of cars i was looking at a celica gt4, mustang, and a subaru. i know that the mustang is a rwd but the main advantage of buying one is that my dad knows how to fix american cars. while he knows very little about foregin cars. and i also wanted to know if it would be worth making a first generation impreza 93-01 into a 06+ wrx sti some day since their is more to change compaired to starting off with a 02+ impreza. but maby for 4500 i could buy a 2.5L 02+ impreza. and also how much dose it cost to do that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bit of a hard post to understand, but anyway...

Myself, along with some mates of mine who are in the RSLibertyClub.org car club have bought a Liberty (ie. Subaru Legacy) for a bottle of scotch and thrown some our spare parts at it from our own cars.

So far the total expenditure is under AU $2500.

Basically we have a GX Liberty, rear viscous LSD, WRX bucket seats, 2.2 litre NA engine, 2.5" exhaust (will replace with a 2.5 unit when money/research allows, modified cams), Cold air intake, coilover G4 suspsension, stiffer sway bars, bigger slotted brake rotors and a WRX drive train.
    We have also stripped out all the interior to make it as light as possible.

Although its not a powerful car, nor is will it corner like its on rails, it will certainly do a few laps around the local race track or karnacross events.

We have about 40-50 years experience between the 4 of us in cars and motorsport, and about nearly 20 years of being involved with the early Liberty/Legacy's. That sort of experience in invaluable when trying to do thing as cheap as possible and yet obtaining great results.

Certainly worth looking into.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you can handle a RHD car, I would import a car from japan.. EVO or WRX STI (RA) Reliable, fast, fun and made for rally Used this company twice for importing two STI RA's.. Worth a call.
    http://www.gcar.co.jp/gbtrader/0legacy.htm
    http://www.gcar.co.jp/gbtrader/1stoc...reza_sti_ra_r/ (example on price of a car..SOLD 4000$)
    Never give up...