Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    I don't have anything against names.. But we must have in our minds truth that 1997/8 rally was on the same level as F1 in media and now it's low profile.. I can see it when I talk with my friends.. They don't care about rally anymore..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    i think you guys have a very short time view of WRC, why cry about drivers from the past, you should be happy when it comes new ones to replace guys that drives on old merits.
    I'm not crying for nobody!!
    I'm a fan of Mikko Hirvonen and not too old to know these old drivers!
    I also want new drivers come to WRC if they worth because it's monotone looking the same and the same every year.Loeb,Loeb,Loeb...
    ..speed with no limits..
    fan of Kimi Raikkonen and Mikko Hirvonen:champion:

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    We want drivers with talent in WRC, no drivers with money, driving a WRC car and finishing behind a S2000... The best is to have many good drivers fighting for the win!!! We will never stop being interested in the WRC!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimakos
    I'm not crying for nobody!!
    I'm a fan of Mikko Hirvonen and not too old to know these old drivers!
    I also want new drivers come to WRC if they worth because it's monotone looking the same and the same every year.Loeb,Loeb,Loeb...
    I can tell you a secret, if you promise not to tell anyone, sooner or later also Loebs rally carrer will end.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    I can tell you a secret, if you promise not to tell anyone, sooner or later also Loebs rally carrer will end.
    OK, it will end and then who will take the wins? Hirvonen-Latvala, Latvala-Hirvonen...And maybe Catalunya goes to Sordo...
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts

Why WRC isn't popular as F1?

Because to really enjoy WRC you have to wake up early, walk a lot, wait a long time, get cold, or get wet or hot or dusty...

To enjoy F1 you just have to seat on your armchair...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tolis11
    OK, it will end and then who will take the wins? Hirvonen-Latvala, Latvala-Hirvonen...And maybe Catalunya goes to Sordo...
    100% right opinion!
    What after Loeb's end?
    There aren't many drivers in a high level to go for the title...
    ..speed with no limits..
    fan of Kimi Raikkonen and Mikko Hirvonen:champion:

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimakos
    100% right opinion!
    What after Loeb's end?
    There aren't many drivers in a high level to go for the title...
    Maybe Matthew Wilson has a chance to drive for the title?

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Priorat
    Because to really enjoy WRC you have to wake up early, walk a lot, wait a long time, get cold, or get wet or hot or dusty...

To enjoy F1 you just have to seat on your armchair...
    Spot on! I've always said this to none rally fans. Rallying is not very exciting on TV for most (for me it is!), but anyone who sees it live loves it.....

...the problem? The effort you have to make to see a rally. Especially now the route is more compact. In the 80's & 90's rallying was far more popular because it was more accessible. e.g in the UK everyone who wants to see the WRC (bar Ireland/N.Ireland) must travel to Wales. In the 90's the rally would passt down through many cities, towns and villages, enabelling a large population of people to travel 10/20/30 miles to see the rally, now the epicentre is Cardiff! i'm a hardened fan so, the 160miles i travel from the north of Wales is acceptable.... but for an avarage part-time fan (with the stage entry fees) its just too much hassle!

Many people say that the effort required is why rallying has never been popular in the US because the people are typically lazy, not being harsh, but in a sporting sense the average American can go to a NASCAR race and have everything to hand and relax!

I see watching a rally as an adventure, and thats how it should be sold. However, in the UK and around the world there are plenty of adventerous people that WRC would suit in terms of motorsport....Climbers, Mountainbikers, Hikers, Campers, Fell runners (lol), etc etc....but who wants to pay £20 per stage to watch? Yes, it is a World Championship and Yes, they are seeing the greatest drivers on earth, but i think the whole spectator system needs a re-think, because no matter what anyone says, the spectators are the most important part of top level rallying....they buy the cars to keep the teams running!!!

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    4.Car brands are not interested to invest in WRC..
    That means no good value for the money..