Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Yep great piece of hypocrisy from the Spanish guy:

I wonder if Senor Gracia has aired the same feeling about Fernando Alonso and Pedro de la Rosa being given immunity in Spygate 2 years ago. I somehow doubt it that he was calling for Alonso and PDLR's heads back then, which makes him an effin' hypocrite who better kept quiet now.
    So maybe you could explain why should Jr. be given immunity?

Comparing FA and PDLR's involvement in the spygate with this is also hipocrisy since both of them were indirectly involved.

As for the race fixing theory... Austria 2002 was a much clearer and worse case of race fixing... this one was dirty tatics since it didn't guaranteed the result... it payed off but in the end it could have finished in so many other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    Saw this in the paper today, and thought maybe it could enlighten those who said everyone should have left it under the carpet...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...sness-1.920911
    I don't think it should be kept under the carpet but I don't understand what was the point of the entire article. I think the author is pretty confuse himself.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    So maybe you could explain why should Jr. be given immunity?
    It's quite obvious. It's for the same reason Alonso and PDLR were given immunity in Spygate, to spill the beans.

Comparing FA and PDLR's involvement in the spygate with this is also hipocrisy since both of them were indirectly involved.
    Indirectly?
    They were using data they knew very well that is obtained illegally from a competitor team.
    I could also say that Piquet didn't mastermind the plan at Renault either, he was just indirectly involved by Flav and Pat.

As for the race fixing theory... Austria 2002 was a much clearer and worse case of race fixing... this one was dirty tatics since it didn't guaranteed the result... it payed off but in the end it could have finished in so many other ways.
    What happened in Austria is called team orders. No other drivers than the two Ferrari drivers were concerned or influenced in any way.

The differences are there to be seen for everyone, it just takes a bit of common sense and a lil' bit of will and you can see them too.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think you've mis-read what I have said in my post. I made the point that Schumachers moves were made by him and not enforced by the team. I also stated that the difference with that and the Renault situation, was that Renault's were premeditated and pre-planned whereas Schumachers were not... I think you have just repeated my point...
    Yep, and ill all those differences you pointed out yourself you still say it's the same thing. :\

Sometimes I find it difficult to follow your reasoning.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    So do you think Schumachers moves were premeditated then
    Not all.
    I'm saying that even though you point out that the MS case isn't premeditated you still put the two cases in the same category. I just don't understand why you do so.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    how much of this is misinformation

Renault may dodge ban because of links to rivals
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...als/article.do

Renault are unlikely to be thrown out of the world championship altogether, in part due to the interest the French manufacturer has in other teams, supplying engines to Red Bull and Toro Rosso.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    Saw this in the paper today, and thought maybe it could enlighten those who said everyone should have left it under the carpet...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...sness-1.920911
    I don't need to be enlightened by some sports journo with little grasp of the complexities of the sport.

He seems to have mixed-up messrs Irvine and Jordan to boot.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    The hearing into charges that Renault conspired to fix last year's Singapore Grand Prix has finished in Paris at the headquarters of governing body the FIA.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8266090.stm
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

It's quite obvious. It's for the same reason Alonso and PDLR were given immunity in Spygate, to spill the beans.
    wrong. in this case the beans were spilled before. the subject spilled them only because he could no longer benefit...

Indirectly?
    They were using data they knew very well that is obtained illegally from a competitor team.
    I could also say that Piquet didn't mastermind the plan at Renault either, he was just indirectly involved by Flav and Pat.
    wrong again. they didn't steal the data from Ferrari, they didn't receive the data from Stepney... I'm pretty sure they didn't ask for it either. Their involvement was the consequence of the actions of others.

What happened in Austria is called team orders. No other drivers than the two Ferrari drivers were concerned or influenced in any way.

The differences are there to be seen for everyone, it just takes a bit of common sense and a lil' bit of will and you can see them too.
    The fact that it is called team orders doesn't mean they didn't fix the race. The quickest driver didn't win the race because he was forced to let another one win it.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    wrong. in this case the beans were spilled before. the subject spilled them only because he could no longer benefit...

wrong again. they didn't steal the data from Ferrari, they didn't receive the data from Stepney... I'm pretty sure they didn't ask for it either. Their involvement was the consequence of the actions of others.

The fact that it is called team orders doesn't mean they didn't fix the race. The quickest driver didn't win the race because he was forced to let another one win it.
    Had you placed a bet on Rubens to win, and he did not because he was not allowed to, allayed to the pathetic behaviour on the podium by the 'star' driver, I think you can see that fixing of the race is a very appropriate phrase.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.