Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Singapore 2008: Briatore and Symmonds resign

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/...comes-trouble/

Flavio may have ample cause to regret firing Piquet before long...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    It was more likely to have been Elvis riding Shergar behind a grassy knoll, but I guess people love a good conspiracy theory.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ha, I thought it was quite convenient at the time! Can't see it ever being proved even if it did happen.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Don't believe everything you read!
    Although I believe it is quite possibly true!
    If he had some way to substanciate the claim, he could sue Flav for every penny he has for asking him to purpoely put his life at risk.
    in the execution of doing a Job that does not include purposely crashing cars in races!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are Renault about to be banned from F1 or given a $100,000 fine?? (ala McLaren?) Serious cheating alegations fly...

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21777.html

AUGUST 30, 2009
    Allegations fly over Singapore 2008

The Brazilian TV station Globo has claimed that Nelson Piquet was ordered to crash by the Renault team during the Singapore GP last year. The accident resulted in a Safety Car which played into the hands of Fernando Alonso, who had pitted just before the accident occurred. The result was that Renault was able to win the race.

There were suspicions at the time that this had happened but there was no proof. Since Piquet was fired by Renault, claims have been flying around and Globo says that it has received information that there is evidence to back up the story. We hear that the FIA may call in an independent body to investigate the claims being made.
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Now this is something unexpected.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Don't believe everything you read!
    Although I believe it is quite possibly true!
    If he had some way to substanciate the claim, he could sue Flav for every penny he has for asking him to purpoely put his life at risk.
    in the execution of doing a Job that does not include purposely crashing cars in races!
    Only if they can prove it!
    There has to be something to carbonate this other than a disgruntled ex-employee. Duh!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Am I dreaming, or was there a similar thread which disappeared? Anyhoo, I don't buy it. No team boss would order their driver to deliberately risk their lives by crashing, just to help out a team mate. Would they?

I'd be less surprised if Michael Jackson drove for Ferrari next race.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    that would be huge if true, however i would imagine there is absolutely no proof - if it was on radio transmissions it would have come out at the time surely?!

i doubt piquet downloaded the instructions onto the IPOD whilst driving, although that might make some account for his driving.

unless someone in the team supports the claim i can't honestly see anything coming from it - thats not to say i couldn't imagine it having happened, nothin surprises me anymore.

what excuses is Piquet coming up with for all his other crashes/spins etc? it was hardly out of Character was it.

and if such a stupid instruction came out, and Piquet was stupid enough to endager himself and the other drivers by actualy following it through then he is a bigger fool than i already thought
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    No team boss would order their driver to deliberately risk their lives by crashing, just to help out a team mate. Would they?
    Maybe that's why Piquet was kept on for the second season, to buy his silence! It certainly wasn't due to race pace.

I don't buy it, but given how much Flav appears to like Alonso and dislike Piquet.... well, stranger things have happened