Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Alfa to enter Ugly Duck Racing

Stumbled on to this. Isn't it just plain wrong that Alfa could consider racing among one of the most horrible collection of race cars. Grand Am is the backside of sportscar racing
    http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/s...2091_14136.hbs

Not sure how this would work if they also did GT as reported else where.

Gabriel
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how can you say that the Rolex Series is the backside of sportscar racing? Alfa is there to sell cars. Take a look at the fields and compare them to ALMS.
    Look at the quality of drivers and teams at the 24 hours of Daytona. Alfa is going where the future is and where they're going to attract future buyers. ALMS is not a good platform for them. Grand-am is the future of sportscar racing,not ALMS. The car does need some tweeking but it will work out fine.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    "Backside" in that I hate the sight of most of the Grand Am cars, although they are improving a bit lately.
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From a marketing point of view, this makes absolutely no sense unless AR plan a comeback to the American market.....
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMSAFAN1
    how can you say that the Rolex Series is the backside of sportscar racing? Alfa is there to sell cars. Take a look at the fields and compare them to ALMS.
    Look at the quality of drivers and teams at the 24 hours of Daytona. Alfa is going where the future is and where they're going to attract future buyers. ALMS is not a good platform for them. Grand-am is the future of sportscar racing,not ALMS. The car does need some tweeking but it will work out fine.
    you do know, that most of those people only show up to see the NASCAR, IRL guys right.

yeah ALMS may be suffering right now, but look at the LMES. they are having to reject entries because the field in so large in all 4 classes
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    From a marketing point of view, this makes absolutely no sense unless AR plan a comeback to the American market.....
    Well then, it does make sense.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    Which they are.
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut, and be thought of as a fool, then open it and remove all doubt." - Sir Winston Churchill

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I my self could care less which NASCAR or IRL driver shows up to race .. I tune in to watch the racing of both series'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    racefanfromnj.....you've made my day. I'm glad to see someone watch's sportscar racing because of what it is not just because Nascar and IRL drivers are in it. when I worked for Jim Downing during the heydays of IMSA people came out to see the cars that were in the field. I was also there when IMSA went down the drain. See IMSA then was based on factory teams..Grand-Am is based on privateers entering cars....for a company like AR to come in and want to race and sell customer cars is awesome. AR is going to sell more cars in Grand-Am then in ALMS because Grand-Am reaches out to a broader group of people.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvracin
    Well then, it does make sense.
    Are they planning such?
    I know of nothing...
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(