Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Danica Closer to AGR deal

It appears Danica is looking toward staying with AGR......

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/vie...uce_martin.tpl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Eagle Eye?

Youhave been insistant that 'Danica: The Brand' is signed sealed and delivered to NASCAR

Do still maintain that to be the case?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He'll find some what to walk away from it and still maintain his "Insider" status.

Honestly, I don't really care for Dancia, but it would be a bad idea for her to go to NASCAR. Yes she would get paid more, but she's run notably better this year and is on the cusp of being able to compete for race wins and should be better positioned at AGR next year if the team has less drama and tension and drivers with more setup skill like Franck Montagny. If she goes to NASCAR she'll have a year in the Nationwide series and even then I doubt she'll be a primary driver with one of the big teams, and she'll be lucky to have a Casey Mears kind of career

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    He'll find some what to walk away from it and still maintain his "Insider" status.

Honestly, I don't really care for Dancia, but it would be a bad idea for her to go to NASCAR. Yes she would get paid more, but she's run notably better this year and is on the cusp of being able to compete for race wins and should be better positioned at AGR next year if the team has less drama and tension and drivers with more setup skill like Franck Montagny. If she goes to NASCAR she'll have a year in the Nationwide series and even then I doubt she'll be a primary driver with one of the big teams, and she'll be lucky to have a Casey Mears kind of career
    I called months ago that she wasn't going anywhere...it just makes NO sense. Too many things don't add up. AGR is the best team in need of her money in any series including drag racing and indy lights. It's painfully obvious she has zero talent and therefore making a NASCAR transition is way out of the question. If she or anybody else can't see that then they are just plain as incompetent as she is setting up a car. I truly can't see her driving for Chip because she can't compete for a championship and she can't sniff the top 20 on road courses on a regular basis. Chip isn't going to run at the back over half the races and not have both his cars near the front. I think and have thought his flirtation with the no talent one has been an effort to drive up Mikey's offer and ultimately render them much less competitive due to finances.

She stays at AGR and they likely try for 4 cars and SHOULD run 3 if they were smart. With Marco and Danica, they stand no chance of getting to the front and competing for race wins regularly. I'm past believing TK is a master at setting up a car also but he does have the talent. They need developement input to supplement him and they need to throw anything Danica and Marco have out the window. They could improve slightly for next year but doubtful...other teams will likely keep getting stronger too.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think one part of her quote is telling "There have been no contracts that have been put out there". While her brand managers have been touting how valuable she would be in NASCAR and some fans are suggesting she should go here or there, it is all about teams making contract offers. It sounds like she has 1 - AGR. If she doesn't go for that, she might be left standing when the music stops.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    With Harvick making noise about wanting to leave RCR, I'm surprised Childress wouldn't try to pick up this little hot shoe, speed demon. I mean, she only very recently admitted that she might need to spend some time in the Nationwide Series. Before that, she believed that she could leap right into a Nextel Cup car and be right where she needed to be. Just because Montoya, Franchitti, Speed, Hornish and Allmendinger had to spend some time in lower stock car formulas, that didn't mean that she would need to. Cause, afterall, she's The Danica... and she's just awesome like that.

I want her to go to NASCAR so bad I can taste it. And for the fans that want her to stick with the IRL, that's OK - cause she'd be right back in an IRL car within 6-12 months. I wish I could sell her ass for what she thinks she's worth and buy her back for her actual value (as a pure racer, not a bikini model/PR freak show). I could start my own F1 team and fund it for years on the interest alone.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    With Harvick making noise about wanting to leave RCR, I'm surprised Childress wouldn't try to pick up this little hot shoe, speed demon. I mean, she only very recently admitted that she might need to spend some time in the Nationwide Series. Before that, she believed that she could leap right into a Nextel Cup car and be right where she needed to be. Just because Montoya, Franchitti, Speed, Hornish and Allmendinger had to spend some time in lower stock car formulas, that didn't mean that she would need to. Cause, afterall, she's The Danica... and she's just awesome like that.

I want her to go to NASCAR so bad I can taste it. And for the fans that want her to stick with the IRL, that's OK - cause she'd be right back in an IRL car within 6-12 months. I wish I could sell her ass for what she thinks she's worth and buy her back for her actual value (as a pure racer, not a bikini model/PR freak show). I could start my own F1 team and fund it for years on the interest alone.
    IndyCar/F1/NASCAR: Where Will Danica Patrick Race In 2010 ???
    Indexed: Fri Jun 26, 2009 @ 01:15:09PM 1 month 3 weeks ago
    Here we go again.... Rumors continue to swirl around swimsuit model Danica Patrick, and where she might be headed to race for 2010 and beyond.

^above is my favorite opening so far from an on-line article.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm sure I'll bump in to you today here in Sonoma...

Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    I maintain she is signed, sealed and gone to NASCAR. AR will be a two-three car team.

There are some things going on with Honda and the IRL to try and get her to "change" he mind.

I have been wanting to do a "silly season" post, but at there is a lot going at the momment.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    I maintain she is signed, sealed and gone to NASCAR. AR will be a two-three car team.

There are some things going on with Honda and the IRL to try and get her to "change" he mind.

I have been wanting to do a "silly season" post, but at there is a lot going at the momment.

Thanks EE.... I always apreciate your straight forwardness

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.thenascarinsiders.com/200...ing-to-nascar/

^ above is an interesting article.....it was writen a few months back... and probably read by a few of you.....

anywhoos.... the 'wheres danica:the brand land' game should come to an end soon....I hope so anyhow... as i suspect there are other racers who need to find solid rides for 2010 and danica is likely the domino that sets things in motion