Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Alms 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    while it will be good, it could also be bad, because if either team got a Peugeot, they are gonna win everyrace (exc. Sebring and Petit) because that car will destroy the entire field as long as Audi doesn't run a full season in ALMS which is highly unlikely.

Pescarolo is still in the bid, but I believe they still owe Peugeot some cash from the Le Mans crash this year
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I never thought about this before. But even if they switched to another manufacturer, it's the team that gets the invitation. So could a champion P1 team use its invitation to race say, a GT car for Le Mans or vice versa?
    I believe they lose the auto invite, but will normally be one of the 55 selected because of the previous success they have had in a series. I believe Vitaphone Racing was going to do that as they couldn't race a MC12 in GT1 so they were trying to get a Porsche RS Spyder, but the deal didn't happen
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well its been confirmed Highcroft will return with Acura, with Honda in a reduced capacity (leased engines) and it will be the Parton Highcroft Acura team and there is a evolution of the Acura from Writh coming. I would assume they have a low drag setup as well, with no wind tunnel needed, they'll be able to mock up and test all in virtual related. The only cost is the design time and making of the parts.

We'll see what happens as time moves on...
    Check Out My Motorsport Blog - http://pfmotorsports.blogspot.com/

Liked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    This week's AutoHebdo mag takes the bet that Sébastien Loeb will be at the 12H of Sebring in march with Peugeot-Sport just after the mexican WRC round

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dj4monie
    Well its been confirmed Highcroft will return with Acura, with Honda in a reduced capacity (leased engines) and it will be the Parton Highcroft Acura team and there is a evolution of the Acura from Writh coming. I would assume they have a low drag setup as well, with no wind tunnel needed, they'll be able to mock up and test all in virtual related. The only cost is the design time and making of the parts.

We'll see what happens as time moves on...
    Highcroft is returning to run a the LMP2 Acura. I hear some European team is picking up the Acura LMP1 Chassis