Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Forget MS comeback. Canadian GP back?

Can't post the link as I'm on the mobile but autosport are reporting that canada might be back by 2010.

I'd love to see that. A good track which always provides excitement and atmosphere.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Sonic, I've heard similar rumours over the course of the last couple of weeks but as yet have not found anything conclusive in the press.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From the AP hews release
    ======================
    Montreal's mayor says a tentative deal has been reached to return Formula One racing to the city in 2010.

Mayor Gerald Tremblay says the race date and other details still have to be worked out. Tremblay spoke Thursday after F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone recently told a motor sport magazine that Montreal would be back on the racing calendar in 2010.
    =========================

Yahoo! Hope the deal they are "working out" does not include too much taxpayers money

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Autosport reported this earlier:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77645
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    I hope it does come back. We've had some great races there in the past
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Excellent news if true. It's an F1 track with a long history now, and one of the best settings for Formula 1. It's also important for F1 to have a presence on the North American continent.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Canada need more funding or bigger gate receipts to keep their GP because Bernie will only take the most profitable races onto his calendar. Screw supporters, drivers taste and the spectacle...money in his pocket is priority #1. I don't blame him for doing it, I just think that it's sickening to pretend otherwise.
    Member of Race Drivers Inc.
    "Live The Dream"

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon 'Massa' Beagles
    Canada need more funding or bigger gate receipts to keep their GP because Bernie will only take the most profitable races onto his calendar. Screw supporters, drivers taste and the spectacle...money in his pocket is priority #1. I don't blame him for doing it, I just think that it's sickening to pretend otherwise.
    i couldnt agree less IMO. MOney in his pocket shouldn't be his priority, it should be whats best for formula 1. I do blame him for doing it and thus i hate the greedy B***ard.

even if he has single handedly built up F1 as a global brand etc, he's now ruining it together with max mosley

because bernies money grabbing has taken us to places where no one gives a flying t*ss about F1-like turkey, bahrain etc. pitiful.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Turkey is a bizzarre choice IMO...what's the market out there for cars or anything in fact?

What baffles me is the Hungaroring? Who is paying for this dire procession of a track to be on the calendar every year. Is this the best track that Eastern Europe can produce?!? Can someone please put just 1 decent overtaking corner on to that track to make it a legitimate place for a race! The only time it's worth watching is if it rains there. But the majority of the best races have a weather element them so it's hardly a point in it's defense.

Anyway (back on to the point), Canada is a Grand Prix with heritage, excitement, passionate fans, state backing, and the respect and appreciation of drivers and teams alike...and we are to lose this to Turkey? Absolute bollocks.

Just because I don't blame him for exploiting his position doesn't mean I think that it's good that he is doing it btw. Just that I can appreciate the temptation to make more money for yourself...wish he would remember his racing roots though, both him and Max could use some time in a garage with the mechanics to get some perspective on things I feel.
    Member of Race Drivers Inc.
    "Live The Dream"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon 'Massa' Beagles
    From the reports I've read and from comments I've heard from my brother who works for the bank holding the majority of the F1 loans, Apparently, the people he DOES answer to are starting to talk a little louder to him about some of the markets Bernie has abandoned, especially when it comes to North America. Montreal is the easiest to go back to because it's clear that they have a market, a promoter and a fan base that CLEARLY wants them back. That's not so clear in the US. The manufacturers want F1 back on the US, but sponsors, promotors and a venue aren't so clear cut. It gets F1 on the continent, so I'll be happy to see it.
    HINCHTOWN!!