Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

Luca Badoer Finally Gets Ferrari Drive

I know all the Schumi fans will have been crying into their cereal this morning at the news that Schumi won't be coming back after all (though at least it was a perfectly legitimate reason - remember kids, motor bikes are ludicrously dangerous!) but there is a bright side to this, Luca Badoer finally gets the Ferrari ride that be should have had 10 years ago in the aftermath of Schumi breaking his leg at Silverstone. At that time for a reason that I still find puzzling they went with Mika Salo, never a top draw driver in F1, more a journeyman driver, rather than a test driver who was race fresh (Luca was competing with Minardi in '99) and knew the car inside out. I thought at the time it made little sense and whilst Salo did a reasonable job of supporting Eddie Irvine's championship bid, I felt that Badoer was cheated out of a Ferrari drive that was rightly his.

Also it will be a novelty, an Italian driving a Ferrari, the last time that happened was 1992 when Ivan Capelli drove for the team (though it can be argued that Jean Alesi could claim Italian heritage but alas he was French).

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Another one who wakes up and posts without checking or seeing there is already a thread about this topic!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I am very glad for Luca, and wish him all the best for the race and the rest of the season
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbain
    Also it will be a novelty, an Italian driving a Ferrari, the last time that happened was 1992 when Ivan Capelli drove for the team (though it can be argued that Jean Alesi could claim Italian heritage but alas he was French).
    And we all know how well that went!

Seriously though - Its a feel good story for F1. A 38 year old making his Ferrari debut. I hope he can assist Ferrari in whatever way he can; who knows, as a proper test and development driver perhaps he'll be able to have some positive input the team has missed this season. (not suggesting Kimi and FM can't do that themselves but another pair of eyes never hurt)
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I am very glad for Luca, and wish him all the best for the race and the rest of the season
    +1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    And we all know how well that went!

Seriously though - Its a feel good story for F1. A 38 year old making his Ferrari debut. I hope he can assist Ferrari in whatever way he can; who knows, as a proper test and development driver perhaps he'll be able to have some positive input the team has missed this season. (not suggesting Kimi and FM can't do that themselves but another pair of eyes never hurt)
    Ferrari have pulled a bit of a blinder here if you ask me.

They have given up development on this years car and have their test pilot out there doing 1000's of laps.

This should stand them in VERY good stead for next year!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    will ferrari be able to keep their standing in the wcc or will badoer score enough points?
    see what happens when schumacher doesnt get number 1 status and a lapdog as a teammate?

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I may be talking out of my.....well you get the idea, but haven't the last two Ferrari stand-ins scored podiums? Salo, 2nd - Germany '99. Larini, 2nd - Imola '94.

History bodes well for Luca.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am really pleased for Luca Badoer who has finally been given a real shot in F1, ten years after his last race with Minardi. Come on, Luca!
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratonmacias
    will ferrari be able to keep their standing in the wcc or will badoer score enough points?
    I highly doubt it that he will manage to score many points if any.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro