Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Honda prefer McLaren in the end and were more successful with Mclaren. Renault proved that alone they can be competitive as well.
    Williams is good team, but the way they threated their drivers was awful and I have no pity for the team, when it struggles.
    And last year BMW smoked Williams.

its not about sauber bmw vs williams cosworth. somebody here stated that they were better off without williams. all i say is since 2000 a bmw powered car was never as competitive as the time they were wrapped with williams chassis and aero.

when bmw was a williams partner they were on the podium on their first race and won races on their 2nd year.

so far they are behind that partnership.
    see what happens when schumacher doesnt get number 1 status and a lapdog as a teammate?

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futuretiger9
    Somewhere along the line, Williams lost its way, and seemed ill-equipped to truly compete in this new era of F1. I wonder if BMW sensed this, and decided that they would go their own way, and be in control of the whole package. F1 is different today to what it was even ten years ago, when Williams were with Renault. The level of intensity has moved up yet another notch.
    Well the principals are getting a little "long in the tooth" so when that happens you need to have fresh blood. They have put this trust in Sam Micheal. This year will tell a story for Williams. Now I don't know if Sam is the right guy but the move was right. Head was done years ago when he fought with JV cuz he didn't understand a four corner set up
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratonmacias
    its not about sauber bmw vs williams cosworth. somebody here stated that they were better off without williams. all i say is since 2000 a bmw powered car was never as competitive as the time they were wrapped with williams chassis and aero.

when bmw was a williams partner they were on the podium on their first race and won races on their 2nd year.

When they spilt became clear that BMW was the stronger part of the alliance.
    Formula 1

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratonmacias

Williams had a better basement than Sauber, when the co-operation with BMW started. In 1999 Williams had practically everything to be successful (budget, number of workers, chassis etc), except a decent engine. So therefore it was easier to be more successful in the first years. Sauber's situation was worse before BMW bought them and their start point has been lower - no wonder that the first couple of years won't give top results, but in the long run the perspective looks better.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Williams had a better basement than Sauber, when the co-operation with BMW started. In 1999 Williams had practically everything to be successful (budget, number of workers, chassis etc), except a decent engine. So therefore it was easier to be more successful in the first years. Sauber's situation was worse before BMW bought them and their start point has been lower - no wonder that the first couple of years won't give top results, but in the long run the perspective looks better.

lets agree to disagree. in think bmw will be no different than toyota and honda big budget some decent results but will be beaten by the "real" f1 teams like ferrari and mclaren.
    see what happens when schumacher doesnt get number 1 status and a lapdog as a teammate?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    When they spilt became clear that BMW was the stronger part of the alliance.

so if williams was holding them back why did they score a litlle bit more than half the points they did the year before with williams and also half the podiums?

2005 williams bmw 66 points 4 podiums
    2006 sauber bmw 36 points 2 podiums

seems to me a step backwards.

also remember the 2005 bmw was a porker because they were already commited to jumping ship. and how many times did the bmw engine blow up when the williams driven by montoya was in a good position in 2001 and 2002?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I dunno you know. BMW Sauber have a rather good windtunnel, and in BMW they now have the readies to run it 24/7, 365. They also have a naff off beefy supercomputer that helps with fluid dynamics modelling, which, from what I understand is the way things are going.

The point though, is have they laid their cards on the deck too soon?

It just stuns me that the BMW electronics division were so useless in the Williams, and now they are rather good, same with the engine, funny that.......
    I wish I had a super computer to help with my fluid dynamics modelling though it would just get the wrong answer faster...
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race