Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You're right, it's mostly åkke bokke bukke dukke...

Seriously, it says that Petter is a bit uncertain about the new car - and that the test upcoming week will be very important. That is the angle, a more uncertain Petter about the performance of the 07 model.

But it's in Norways largest tabloid, wouldn't take it too seriously, they hav picked an "angle" for the article.
    ...may the force be with you...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=138962

Seems that petter is not so optimistic about the new car anymore.
    I can't understand the article but it's not good I'm sick of Impreza being crap!!! I don't have to see Impreza being dominant but if the car can win 1 or 2 rallies this year, I will be reasonably happy.

By the way, isn't Impreza WRC2006 (S12) the first Impreza not to win any rally as works car??? The first Impreza didn't win in 1993 but it didn't compete full season and the car they used in 1994 is virtually the same car.... Not just design, but I just can't like the current car because it simply can't win.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Subaru is the Feyenoord of rallying at the moment:P
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A mate of me delivered a fire-extingusiher to Prodrive this weekend in Rally Norway. And wished them a good year for the upcomming Impreza WRC 2007. This Prodrive-guy said then to my mate with hes ralliart jacket that he was bloody hell happy that the next car are coming to next round, Rally Mexico

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I totaly agree with Halvis-I was expecting for Norway that Henning will be faster than Peter-the reason is simple-impreza 06' is crap compare to Focus 06'. But in pure driving skil is Peter still one step ahead to Henning, maybe not on snow, but on tarmac and gravel definitive.
    The only solution for Peter better results is Impreza 07', but don't expect first place in Mexico. It is first rally for new car, and Markus&Seb will drive over the limit to show the world, that Mikko's victory was yust a glimpse.
    ucci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would say that we cannot even talk Petter and Henning in the same day in terms of driving skills. Petter is way faster than henning everywhere - including the snow. It seems that Subaru's underperformance has some effect as to how people see petter as a driver. Don't forget that Petter has outpaced Loeb and Grönholm with equal machinery many times.

If Petter would have Henning's experience he would at Grönholm level now with Stobart Ford. Henning has driven wrc-car regularly from 2004 season and I don't believe that he gets much better than he is now. OK, henning has done only little tresting due to his privateer status but I also think that most miles for Petter came in real races not in the tests. That's why I think that driving races regularly from year to year gives you adequate amount of km's.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jure dvorsek
    The only solution for Peter better results is Impreza 07', but don't expect first place in Mexico.
    In speedwise Petter is at least equal with Ford drivers. Mark my words. I will bet Petter's win. Altough Loeb might be difficult to beat.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    During their childhood, the brothers used to fight in different competitions and it is almost every time Petter who won the fight.

But Henning helped in the past Petter for his career particularly in the bad time of Petter's career.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Petter is without a doubt much faster than Henning, probably the fastest one in the wrc in pure speed. His consistensy isn`t that good though.

I think that Henning`s speed has gone one step further this year, if you compare him to manfred and daniel, henning is much faster than them this year compared to last year(on snow). The xsara is still a very good car. I think it`s possible for Henning to fight for a top 5 in the championship if he can get points in the tarmac rallies. Still a long way to go in those rallies though

I don`t think it`s possible for Subaru to win with the new car this year, they have to wait for the 2008 car. The gap up to ford and citroen is too big.
    May the grip be with you:)

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturla
    Petter is without a doubt much faster than Henning, probably the fastest one in the wrc in pure speed.
    ehhh maybe in Rally Pluto ... otherwise he isn't in the same league as Loeb and Grönholm
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.