Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A great rally from Mikko and Jarmo.

Does anyone know if they did anything like this to him? ->

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...6/DSC_0116.jpg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Remember my words from previous posts, Mikko will be champion five years tops

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Job well done by Mikko!!! Only if he was this quick with Subaru.....
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    That was a class act. And unlike the two "surprise" wins since 2005 (Oz '05 and '06), this rally was won purely out of being the most consistantly fast driver all rally.

Congratulations! I hope this is at least a start for a year where every other rally won't be won by Loeb or Gronholm.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yes, Tomi, I strangle sills on a little island on the swedish westcoast 50 ks from Göteborg.
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
    Big congrats to Mikko and Jarmo !

I'd also mention the major part of the pace notes / copilot which is even more crucial in a new rally.

It's way different when one hasn't driven the rally before, so experience, memory and video can't help.

Not only Mikko had an excellent perception of the stages during the recce; Jarmo put the notes down to the paper and he obviously delivered them as it should be.

Speed was already there, Ford some sort of cut the leash and let Mikko go for his wild ride !

Bravo Mikko & Jarmo !
    Markku Alén, 1978 World Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations to Mikko&Jarmo! I can't remember when were Markus&Seb beeten by other driver! Now this couple did this....This is almost history!
    But, one bird does not bring spring after winter-Markus&Seb will be like wounded lions in Mexico-they will drive 102 %....And forget P.Solberg, he needs a rocket if he want's to close the gap to Marku&Seb&Mikko....
    ucci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    What was it so special in Norway Mikko was simply uncatchable? I wasn't in Norway but I got the idea Rally Norway is a bit slower than Sweden. More narrow, twisty and bumpy. The avarage speed doesn't get as high as in fast rallies. Could it be that now they didn't drive on wide fast roads which allow the maximum pushing, that kind of pushing Mikko is yet to developing, he found it more secure to push.
    Cannot agree about this security thing. In contrary the rally was very difficult, full of blind corners, narrow roads and snow benches waiting to catch a driver. That manifested for instance by Loeb's exceptional mistakes.

I think that the key for Mikko's succes was that the rally was new and very tricky (Marcus was not as comfortable as usually). It has said that Mikko has too complicated note system but good and well descriptive notes were probably one of the biggest key in Mikko's succes. I think that in this sector Mikko did some difference to Grönholm.

I don't epect that Mikko will be involved winning fight in every rally and I am quite sure that for instance in mediterranian rallies we will see relatively big gap to Marcus.

Mexico will be interesting rally. I guess that Fords are 3th and 4th. Some fight between Hirvonen and Grönholm. Solberg wins and Loeb is second.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni

Mexico will be interesting rally. I guess that Fords are 3th and 4th. Some fight between Hirvonen and Grönholm. Solberg wins and Loeb is second.
    Solberg wins?????? do you realy think Prodrive has a real rally car in Mexico?
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 240 Times in 97 Posts
    Congratulations Mikko and Jarmo.. nice to have new winners...
    R.I.P Colin Mcrae - The hero for me... Twitter: @MickeLindh