Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Congrats Mikko and Jarmo

- "How do you feel to beat the Big Boys Mikko? "
    - "I dunno, they doesn't seem so big anymore."

How com Mikko and Jarmo were on another level in Norway ??

Mikko has admitted he yet lack the same level of routine than Marcus, Sebastien and Petter. Hence, he said he simply haven't got the guts to push like they do. That happened in Finland, which is in a way very similar to Sweden. And New Zealand. And Australia. In those particular rallies Mikko is right up the behind top two doing that valuable job the second driver of the team has to do, collecting and securing manufacturer points.

What was it so special in Norway Mikko was simply uncatchable? I wasn't in Norway but I got the idea Rally Norway is a bit slower than Sweden. More narrow, twisty and bumpy. The avarage speed doesn't get as high as in fast rallies. Could it be that now they didn't drive on wide fast roads which allow the maximum pushing, that kind of pushing Mikko is yet to developing, he found it more secure to push.

That added to perfect notes and good car and tyres

the reason I made this thread is NOT TO PUT down Mikko's performance. But to analyze a bit what happened and that do we have a right to expect more to come, let's say from Mexico ??

One more time, congrats Mikko and Jarmo. No more bambinos
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes, congrats to Mikko and Jarmo, 1 great win.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations to Mikko and Jarmo! Now, when they have confidence they can beat Gronholm and Loeb in a direct fight, let's hope they will fight for more wins this year!
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats to Mikko and Jarmo and, of course, congrats to Ford for a beautiful 1-2-3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    By the way... Hirvonen has become the FIRST Gronholms teammate since 2001 (Rovanpera) to beat him on his favorite surface!!! No one could do this! Neither Burns nor Martin!
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    congrats!!! well done and many wins in the near future! I didn't think he'd be the first outta Loeb and gronholm to win, was thinking more like solberg but an amazing job Mikko!! All the best and can't wait to see the coverage!

and of course more wins!

Fantastic!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Congratulations to the two guys. A really fantastic rally, a very fast start and a very strong mind to handle the big pressure. Let's see who will be n. 1 at the end of the year. Could be a matter between fins
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congrats to Mikko and so many others, also Norway for the beautiful splendid rally!

I see that there is just 2 top drivers in WRC, in stages that they know and in fast stages.
    For me It is more fun like It was in Norway!
    So wrc need more new rallys and new slower stages to become more intrested. Something where the organisations must think about!
    Hope to see in the future more new and twisty stages everywhere!
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Great win !!! And it came on a rally that was used for the 1st time thus experience wasa the same for everybody !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    Congratulations to the two guys. A really fantastic rally, a very fast start and a very strong mind to handle the big pressure. Let's see who will be n. 1 at the end of the year. Could be a matter between fins
    Yes Congratulations to Mikko but as JAM states the most important point was that he was able to handle the pressure.

In fact it was loeb who broke under the pressure from the ford men and from an interview that Marcus gave on day two saying that he could not catch Mikko.

"Class drive from Mikko"
    A gasp of breath, A Sudden Death: The tale begun. A rustled page, Passes an age: The tale is done. "The Book Of Counted Sorrows."