Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Monday makes more sense. Make it a real Memorial Day classic. Qualifying is already in the books, so the tin tops could stay on their usual schedule, and you wouldn't have to have much (if any) cooperation with NASCAR.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I too think Monday would make more sense. No conflict with The Nascar weekend schedule or any other series drivers might be interested. Now you just have to find a way to find teams, cars and sponsorship to field another 15-20 cars for all these drivers that supposedly want to participate. as long as there is in essence only one chassis and engine combo allowed, I don't see it happening.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Penske was on Speed's Wind Tunnel the other night. I didn't catch the entire interview, but he seemed to be suggesting they do something to get some NASCAR drivers into the 500 for the 100th Anniversary of IMS.

By some of the comments I've read, I think some posters are forgetting that it's not NASCAR, ISC or SMI that has a problem. There's no reason for NASCAR or Smith's SMI to do anything to help Indy. Why would he shuffle the Coke 600? That wouldn't benefit him in the least. Penske seemed to be suggesting some kind of a deal that would benefit all parties.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe they could run the Indy 500 at Charlotte to make it even easier for NASCAR drivers to attend.

I'd love to see some of the NASCAR drivers run at Indy. But I'd much rather see Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Toyota run at Indy.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Move the race back to the REAL Memorial Day and say to hell to the farce they have now that exists to give government workers a three day vacation.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What if you moved Christmas to March?
    INDY!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would probably be just as accurate as it is in December...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Monaco
    But I'd much rather see Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Toyota run at Indy.
    They will be in about 10 days.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Monaco
    But I'd much rather see Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Toyota run at Indy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    They will be in about 10 days.
    They will? Really? I thought they were still running that "COT". You know, the one with decals where the headlights and radiators would be so the fans can squint their eyes and pretend there are different makes on the track. The one with engines that have no resemblence to anything from the four firms named above. When was the last time a Ford, Chevy or Dodge ran in NASCAR?

I know my uncle drove a Ford to win the Southern 500 in 1961, and there were Fords on the track for a several years after that.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Appropriately for this discussion, I see that Nelson also won the World (Coke) 600 in 1962 in a Holman-Moody Ford.