Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Damon Hill was 36 when he won his WDC and 39 when he drove for Jordan which is older than JV is now. I don't necessarily see age as being a hindrance, but at some point most racing drivers realise that they're past it... JV?
    Damon started later, though; he didn't have a first-tier Grand Prix drive until 33, while JV was 24. I suspect that years in F1 are like dog years in that they age you faster.

And although Damon won Jordan's first race at 38, by 39 he had lost the fire. After one race, he joked that at the starte he hadn't seen why everyone else was in such a hurry.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Much as I loathed Allen on TV, he knows his stuff so perhaps their is something to it.

Naka and Rubens at Williams next year wouldn't be soooo bad.
    Probably mark the end of Williams, after years of lingering.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Gary: Did you ever see Gilles drive? I did, many times.There were other drivers who could do the impossible including Moss and Fangio.
    You cannot do the impossible. If you do something, then by definition that thing is possible.

They and some others (Senna) could pick a car up by the scruff of it's neck and make it go faster than it seemed possible. Not always but on certain days they were in a different realm. Ask Jody or Keke about Gilles.
    With today's cars and all the electronics it probably isn't possible.
    There has never been a case of going faster than the car can go. It is impossible, always has been and always will be.

Just that some drivers are closer to limit than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    The Glen in the rain. Jody was 2nd fastest to Gilles, by 11 seconds! If you know the Glen 11 seconds is a lifetime.
    It was not 11 seconds, it was 8 seconds.
    6 guys did a lap that day, 4 of them in non-competetive machinery.
    It was also only practise.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    You cannot do the impossible. If you do something, then by definition that thing is possible.

There has never been a case of going faster than the car can go. It is impossible, always has been and always will be.

This is the famous quote you may want to check further in your slighting of GV

A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Much as I loathed Allen on TV, he knows his stuff so perhaps their is something to it.

You're kidding me? A crasher and a guy who cannot win no matter what car is given to him. That is way beyond soooo bad.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're kidding me? A crasher and a guy who doesn't win no matter what car is given to him. That is way beyond soooo bad.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    JV's keeping race fit , doing the Nascar Nationwide race in Montreal , and the 24 hrs of Spa , as well .
    Neither team in 2 very different series has asked for sponsorship , and both understand he can make a car fast , drive it fast , and bring the fans in droves .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jacques, just retire already, man, or go back to Indycars. You got turfed from Peugeot in the LMS, have won nothing in stock cars and if you think F1 is gonna call you back you're on drugs.
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut, and be thought of as a fool, then open it and remove all doubt." - Sir Winston Churchill

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    If he ends up back in F1 (which he won't) I'm sure many of JV's fans will blame his lack of performance on either the team principal, car or engineers as they have ever since he stopped having the best car on the grid, and evidently stopped winning.

And any good results that the team will have within five years of JV leaving will be accredited to JV's development work, by several of his fans here.
    actually squirrel the teams normally fail much sooner than 5 years. Again people in the sport with a proper track record vouch for his keen abilities. But hell you are probably Damon Hill in disguise. Oh wait excuse me as Damon said standing in Eau Rouge while JV was driving. "Hell maybe he is that good. Someone should give him a car"
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker

Agreed!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro