Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    My money is on Danica Patrick to win this race.
    NO! That's a shocker. Didn't see that one coming.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How much? I'll take some of that action. You can have Danica, I'll take the rest of the field. I'll give you 20 to 1 odds.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    $5.....?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Better save your money for some personal air filters. 3rd week of a garbage strike underway. (Per my Toronto friends I plan to stay with.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    How much? I'll take some of that action. You can have Danica, I'll take the rest of the field. I'll give you 20 to 1 odds.
    20 to 1? What are you afraid of? How about 100 to 1? I'll put in $1k. 20 to 1 she doesn't crack top 15 in quals and another 15 to 1 she passes 0 cars on track all day (this depends largely on if Ed Carpenter out qualifies her).

Lets go DF, you're only 1 lucky for 74 in 4.5 years. That means you're dead wrong 98.65% of the time you make a prediction. Put your money where your mouth is.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dataman1
    Better save your money for some personal air filters. 3rd week of a garbage strike underway. (Per my Toronto friends I plan to stay with.)

They did also mention on the news station this morning that there could be picketing at the track. I haven't been able to find any online sources reporting this as a possibility.
    The Bro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the garbage problem is as bad as it sounds, this could severely affect attendance. Anyone here in the TO area? Besides the track smelling like garbage, I wonder if this will also affect the drivers? Some people can get woozy from that kind of stuff if it's really strong. Toronto should hire a private waste disposal company at least for the surrounding areas.

I can already hear the jokes about how much the race stinks.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was down at the track yesterday and didn't notice any problems on site with garbage. Some of the city streets have an overflow of garbage bins and some parks are being used as dump sites, but these are not that close to the track. Plus you usually get a nice breeze off of the lake.
    The Bro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    CP24 a Toronto 24 Hour TV news station had an interview with a Union Official. They will picket the race but no idea of how many pickets or if they will try and delay people attending. Earlier they were holding up people trying to get to temporary dump sites up to 15 minutes per person. The law only allows for a 1 minute delay but the police did nothing and the City would not get an injunction. The Mayor is generally considered pro Union.
    As far as I know there are no dump sites close to the track and all are being sprayed. However from what I have seen on TV the streets are a mess.
    We must have some members who live in the 'Big Smoke' but I do not know of any. I mean Toronto is about 3 million people and many more in the GTA work in Toronto.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey thanks for the update. CP24 mentioned the pickets very briefly this morning with no details. From what I have seen around town some streets are a mess and some aren't. Depends on the area. Also some local business associations are cleaning up their area themselves.
    The Bro