Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts

Rallycourse Annual 2008/09

Having purchased this annual regularly and always enjoyed reading it, and the stance it takes to Rallying - not just WRC, but ERC, BRC and National series; I have recently received it, and sadly, find it's now the 'Official Annual of the WRC'. All, the other series have been dumped. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Why has this decision been made - Autocourse/Motocourse don't appear to have taken this action - so why has Rallycourse? What used to be hard hitting - is surely destined to become the mouthpiece of the WRC. Recent issues have had Jerry Williams and his yearly rant at the incompetance of all those running the WRC, sadly, he isn't in this years, which is not a surprise. Bad move methinks.....it seems they will do anything to stop criticism of the sport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I will cancel it from my Amazon order. Martin Holmes Pirelli still no 1 for me

Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I will cancel it from my Amazon order. Martin Holmes Pirelli still no 1 for me
    Well I ordered it before Christmas as usual - it was only looking on crash.net recently that I saw it was 'official'. It's not bad, but one wonders about the editorial direction - David Evans is normally not a bad writer. Would just prefer it not to be 'official'.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    That is a shame! My father has every edition of Rallycourse and the previous ones like 'Rallying 79' with 3 whole pages of colour photos and the rest printed on what seem to be cardboard haha.

However to find Rallycourse has changed it's name is a shame. It has been going for so long that to suddenly have a name change in the bookshelf sucks for sure!
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

No, it's still called Rallycourse - but it's now the official Annual of the WRC. It has the WRC branding on it, so now no other Championships are in it.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Ahhhh I see!

That's a bit disappointing too! Especially with 200+ pages of Citroen and Ford, kind of dull.....
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Like Russia, where the state controls/owns the media, lol.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Well I ordered it before Christmas as usual - it was only looking on crash.net recently that I saw it was 'official'. It's not bad, but one wonders about the editorial direction - David Evans is normally not a bad writer. Would just prefer it not to be 'official'.
    The trouble is that with advertising in short supply nowadays, publishers will take whatever opportunities they can, and I suspect accepting 'official' status such as this is a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    The trouble is that with advertising in short supply nowadays, publishers will take whatever opportunities they can, and I suspect accepting 'official' status such as this is a good example.
    The thing is that both Autocourse & Motocourse are published by the same people yet are still ' The World's Leading F1/MotoGP Annual'. Really disappointed, have been comparing it to last years. I'm sure a lot of hard work has gone into it, but, from my point of view there is too much backslapping going on - i;e, praising Pirelli on a job well done.
    I'll just have to wait for the Martin Holmes Annual to come out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    The thing is that both Autocourse & Motocourse are published by the same people yet are still ' The World's Leading F1/MotoGP Annual'. Really disappointed, have been comparing it to last years. I'm sure a lot of hard work has gone into it, but, from my point of view there is too much backslapping going on - i;e, praising Pirelli on a job well done.
    I'll just have to wait for the Martin Holmes Annual to come out.
    It's out now (published late December)
    Very good as usual with lots of the wrc, BRC and FIA regional championships - even some pages on the irc!