Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DP that actually looks good - can it be?

http://www.the-paddock.net/sportscar...iew/241155/49/

It'd be even greater if it started to challenge the Riley for bragging rights, as well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it almost looks to be like a GT1 car. but the car is by far the best DP car as looking good, but the bar was so low to begin with
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    It looks very nice, the old Piccio was uglier than the Riley!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    The windshield proportions still give it something of an odd look, but it's pretty sharp. I hope to see this one on track.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Man, that does look like a street car. I'd be surprised if it winds up as pretty after it is built as it does in the drawing.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    I thought Alfa was going to build an LM GT2 car.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    I thought Alfa was going to build an LM GT2 car.
    The key words in that article are "feasability study". That means there trying to atract a manufacturer and what better for an Italian constructure than an Italian car company that is actively looking at building a GT car at the moment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is the first DP I've seen that seems to be specific to a manufacturer. The front has a sort of grill shape that is suggestive of Alfa Romeo. I wonder if GA will let that fly? I guess there is no rule against it as long as it could be adapted to other engines.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy_L
    This is the first DP I've seen that seems to be specific to a manufacturer. The front has a sort of grill shape that is suggestive of Alfa Romeo. I wonder if GA will let that fly? I guess there is no rule against it as long as it could be adapted to other engines.
    For 2008 every DP constructor can completely redesign their bodywork (to the existing rules). Each approved engine manufacturer can also submit one unique bodywork design for one particular DP chassis, to be used exclusively with that one engine/chassis combination.

For example, if Alfa did get an engine approved, and did sumbit unique bodywork to go on the Picchio, then that's what it could look like. The body doesn't have to look like anything in the Alfa product line, but it can if they want it to. Personally, I'm hoping the engine manufacturers try to build a better bodywork mousetrap than just slap together styling cues and toodle around at the back behind new and improved DPs.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What stock based engine waould Alfa install? V-6?
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(