Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rumour is that NASCAR has a few things in the works regarding the COT Looks-wise and chassis wise to make it a little more adjustable and more pleasing to the eye.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    getting rid of the rear wing for starters
    That will dump aero push but the car so loose it will be undriveable. They put that wing on there for a reason, and it wasn't to make the car look neat.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesi
    On the first few goals I think it's a success.
    1. Safety No question (between CoT, HANS & SAFER racing is definately safer.)
    2. Equalize competition between mftrs.
    3. Durability. These cars hit the wall and continue like the old ones never did. Teams are making do with fewer chassis.

Needs work on handling at some tracks. With the old cars (and in other race series) if the car is off in handling and the crew can't find the right settings, you could usually dial it back and find a slower "comfortable" setup. As in the saying "If you're comfortable in the car you're not going fast enough." With the CoT, if it's not running right there's not necessarily a slower safe setting to go to.
    They need to add some adjustability. Maybe driver adjustable swaybar(s). Formula & Sports have it, it can't be that expensive to add to the CoT.

Also the CoT is favoring drivers who like a real loose setup (Kyle Busch, Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards) over drivers who prefer a neutral or tight setup (Jeff Gordon, DE jr, Kevin Harvick, Ryan Newman)
    I agree with you I think for the most part Jonesi.

I think the old car was a weird looking beast that little or no relvence to what was on the street, so the COT at least cannot be held to a standard that it doesn't look like the street car either.

I liked the old car and most of the races with it, BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT, I knew the safety concerns were the driving force initially for this car.

The by-product is a car that is a lot more miserable to drive when it is off, and a car that is still to my eye not always the best looking car. It has however put on a lot more interesting races, and on flat tracks of a mile or so or less it is awesome, and it is great on superspeedways. It is the cookie cutter tracks that it hasn't always put on the best show. Guess what? The old car didn't either.

Plus, after some of the things I have heard and read about what people "think" is a good race, I am of the opinion y'all wouldn't be happy unless the cars were 5 wide, and 2 of ended up on fire in a wild wreck in a photo finish to make a few of you happy.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".