Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michigan finish

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Michigan finish

My lord, what a wild finish to what was a pretty boring race. 3 lead changes in the final lap and a half with Mark Martin winning and there is NO COMMENT ON THIS? I come home from a run to PA after listening to the race on the radio and it was one of the wildest finishes I have ever heard and NO COMMENT from you guys?

Not sure what is wrong with this forum, but that is sad. Really sad.

Jimmie loses the lead running out of gas as he takes the white flag. Biffle tries to hang on knowing he is marginal on gas after trying to race Jimmie and holds on into 3 before losing power, and Mark Martin wins running out of gas coming out of 4. Wild finish, loads of strategy.........and no comment.

You people on this forum should really wake up. This forum is slowly dying......or you guys aren't watching. Not sure which...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that finsh made up for a boring race,
    i was at MIS, and after about 125 laps i knew Jimmie was gonna win, but the last lap OMG i was laughing so hard when Jimmie ran out of gas, i said to the guy next to me, well the Biffle needed this win, and then the Biffle runs out too?!!?? OMFG and Martin takes the lead and wins? that was just awsome
    im really proud of Martin winning alot again even tho im still young, i do feel as a old school fan cuz i started watching racing back in 1988 and i love to see Mark beat out the young guns of racing
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought it was the best part of the race. I hate fuel mileage races but it made an otherwise mediocre race exciting in the final few laps.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    I thought it was the best part of the race. I hate fuel mileage races but it made an otherwise mediocre race exciting in the final few laps.
    The last laps were about as exciting as a person can ask. I thought it was funny when Jeff Gordon went up to martin after the race and said...."You snookered us old man".
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Old age and treachery beats youth and skill every time.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you see one fuel milage race, you've seen'em all, I wasnt that Mark snookered everyone, he was just in the right place at the right time. Just like how so many drivers get wins.

its just that why do we all have to post on something after it has happened. now if you wanted a good finish, you've should've seen the final laps in the Moto GP event at Cataluyna, now there was a finish

and right now, I'm more worried about finding a job then seeing pointless Nascar races that really dont have a lot of meaning to me (especially with that ty CoT on track, give me back the old cars), I saw enough racing last week, although at least Nascar goes to a real track this week
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, the last lap was very exciting, fuel mileage racing is always pretty interesting
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Michigan was my first NASCAR race that I have attended in person and I loved every second of it. The finish was amazingly good fun in the crowd as most of the people around me were not quite sure what was going on. I had to explain what happened to my friends in the end....!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't think it was that boring of a race, but I can see how it would be to others watching on tv. I was able to focus on anything I wanted to during the race and not be force feed what TNT wanted to show. Which usually seems to be typical of all the races on non-restrictor plate tracks 1 1/2 mile or bigger...leader jumps out to a huge lead in clean air and 50% of the broadcast is updating the tv audience of Joonyer's position.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb I'm mixed ...

I am always glad to see Mark Martin win but I don't like fuel mileage racing.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D