Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="The instant classic"]sure the laugh woludnt happen we all need a good laugh hear and then*
    sorry i couldnt edit my other post for some reason?
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well I have been away for a few weeks, but let me wade in.

First off, It WAS Kyle's trophy alright. Here is the deal tho. That trophy is a Les Paul model Gibson. 2000 bucks plus for one, and they are SOLID. Add in Sam Bass's artwork, in which he puts 50 to 100 plus hours of work into hand painting this trophy. In short, that guitar if auctioned off would be likely worth 5 or 6 k. Not much to Kyle, but still valuable.

Now I appreciate Kyle's talent, and I can even apprciate what he said he was trying to do, break it up so he could share the shrapnel with the crew. He said he didn't know which rock star used to wreck guitars...so spare me the drivel he is a Kurt Cobain or Pete Townsend fan (Pete used to smash cheap Fender Copies that he would only play for that last song before he trashed it, he kept the good guitars like they were his babies). Kyle's idea was kind of novel if you are a self centered punk who occasionaly grasps he needs help to be where he is.

I don't think he is a bad guy on some levels, he donated a whack of money to the Sam Ard fund last year, and I applaud him for that. That said, he just doesn't appreciate how fortunate he is, how much his success is helped by others, and I just don't think he really grasps the history and traditions of the sport. Dale Jr. may be sucking wind on the track right now, but he has always bent over backwards to pay respect to the history, pay respect to sponsors and be appreciative to where being a NASCAR winner has taken him.

Kyle was "right" in that it was his trophy, but with Sam Bass, one of the nicest people in the planet standing there horrified, he didn't get that Sam was hurt by the display. He apolgized sort of to Sam, and Sam related all of this on Dave Moody's "Sirius Speedway" show, but the point remains you don't wreck one of a kind art works in front of the artist. No matter how much you think you are thanking your crew, the rest of the world will think your are a punk. Funny...I thought he was that before this....

One day I might like Kyle Busch. Maybe when he grows up. His brother needed a punch out by Jimmy Spencer, getting fired by Jack Roush and a few years of losing while learning class from Roger Penske to get me to the point where I don't dislike the guy. God knows what it will take to get Kyle Busch to smarten up...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh lord, MD. That article makes me even more sick to my stomach than I already was. :\
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Well I have been away for a few weeks, but let me wade in.

First off, It WAS Kyle's trophy alright. Here is the deal tho. That trophy is a Les Paul model Gibson. 2000 bucks plus for one, and they are SOLID. Add in Sam Bass's artwork, in which he puts 50 to 100 plus hours of work into hand painting this trophy. In short, that guitar if auctioned off would be likely worth 5 or 6 k. Not much to Kyle, but still valuable.

Now I appreciate Kyle's talent, and I can even apprciate what he said he was trying to do, break it up so he could share the shrapnel with the crew. He said he didn't know which rock star used to wreck guitars...so spare me the drivel he is a Kurt Cobain or Pete Townsend fan (Pete used to smash cheap Fender Copies that he would only play for that last song before he trashed it, he kept the good guitars like they were his babies). Kyle's idea was kind of novel if you are a self centered punk who occasionaly grasps he needs help to be where he is.

I don't think he is a bad guy on some levels, he donated a whack of money to the Sam Ard fund last year, and I applaud him for that. That said, he just doesn't appreciate how fortunate he is, how much his success is helped by others, and I just don't think he really grasps the history and traditions of the sport. Dale Jr. may be sucking wind on the track right now, but he has always bent over backwards to pay respect to the history, pay respect to sponsors and be appreciative to where being a NASCAR winner has taken him.

Kyle was "right" in that it was his trophy, but with Sam Bass, one of the nicest people in the planet standing there horrified, he didn't get that Sam was hurt by the display. He apolgized sort of to Sam, and Sam related all of this on Dave Moody's "Sirius Speedway" show, but the point remains you don't wreck one of a kind art works in front of the artist. No matter how much you think you are thanking your crew, the rest of the world will think your are a punk. Funny...I thought he was that before this....

One day I might like Kyle Busch. Maybe when he grows up. His brother needed a punch out by Jimmy Spencer, getting fired by Jack Roush and a few years of losing while learning class from Roger Penske to get me to the point where I don't dislike the guy. God knows what it will take to get Kyle Busch to smarten up...
    Maybe a well deserved swat in the snoot from Mr Excitement would do the trick.

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    last weekend on nascar race day show,
    Mr Excitement was very angry with Mr Busch so that swat could be comming soon
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    That's exactly what he needs

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It is actually pretty sickening what Kyle has done. I am trying to figure out what type of person gets a kick out of Kyle's, I won't even say juvenille as juvenilles have more sense.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I was wrong with how much that guitar was worth...damn....Kyle really doesn't have a clue of the value of things does he?
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope he never wins a Cup race at Martinsville.