Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why I Like Button

Hi everyone,

I was reading today an interview about Button and noticed how in the article he had words of praise for Vettel's pole.

I have to say that that's something rare to see in the F1 world. Often times it's only megalomania or selfishness that we see and I think Button's chivalry needs to be recognized.

I remember years ago I went to the Montreal GP and saw Button, out of all the drivers sitting in their garages, taking the time to walk towards the F1 fans standing in front of his garage and taking a bow.

I thought that was extremely classy and very old school. Since that day I thought that God had been not too generous with him.

This year, despite his immediate and constant successes he is keeping his feet on the ground, not letting his success getting to his head. He does what he does in the most professional way not forgetting what it feels like when you are racing way in the back with a car that's super slow and unreliable.

I only have to say "bravo" to him and I think he truly deserves having finally lady luck standing by his side this year. What a guy!!!!!!!

I sure wish him success (this year only though) .

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    God has not been generous to him. Put down the Bong and check his pay stub!! Or maybe you work on Wall Street
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Got to say that I agree with the sentiments of the first post....he may have been distracted by the 'playboy' lifestyle, and he may have missed a couple of opportunities to get better results earlier in his career, but the fact is that he has remained unaffected and has not succumbed to the obnoxious arrogance of a certain British driver I could care to mention, who, ironically, is now having a crash course in humility forced down his throat.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Got to say that I agree with the sentiments of the first post....he may have been distracted by the 'playboy' lifestyle, and he may have missed a couple of opportunities to get better results earlier in his career, but the fact is that he has remained unaffected and has not succumbed to the obnoxious arrogance of a certain British driver I could care to mention, who, ironically, is now having a crash course in humility forced down his throat.
    Well put.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Yes, well put.

It's always pleasing to discover that the drivers you support are nice people in real life and not just good racers.

:-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    God has not been generous to him. Put down the Bong and check his pay stub!! Or maybe you work on Wall Street
    Humm.......humm....actually......hum...at this time nobody works on Wall street....there are a few volunteers there and they love people, especially tax payers

Of course the guy has never starved but what I am trying to say is that he's not one of those guys who after only a year in the profession they are already talking like they are the gift of God on earth.

True, he makes good money, but as I said his feet are still on the ground and as a fan he sure shows appreciation when you are there.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    it is good to see that he is showing what they said he would do when he first entered f1 only 8 years late.

Code:
    A rethink about lewis is needed
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    He is winning in F1, and he doesn't talk $hit!
    Good on JB
    May the forza be with you

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    It's interesting that both current top contenders of Vettel and Button seem to have quite a healthy rivalry. Reminds a bit of Häkkinen vs Schumacher, who both seemed to honour each other as well. Just watch the 2000 Belgian GP press conference.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I've never much liked Button (and at times during his f1 career I have positively disliked him) but there is no denying that he has matured well as both a man (standing by his team/taking a pay cut) and as a driver.

I didn't cheer when Hamilton lifted the title but perhaps will if Button does.
    All other opinions are wrong....