Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Brawn will not stay in a farcical championship and he'll probably take the titles with him, if they win both.
    You are correct. They have a conditional entry for next year.

I might go and put a tenner down at the bookies on Williams winning both championships.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    You are correct. They have a conditional entry for next year.

I might go and put a tenner down at the bookies on Williams winning both championships.
    Do they already take bets for next season?!
    Also you never know, maybe Prodrive beats them to it.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

I believe this is Max's fait accompli.

He has and knew he had enough enteries. This gives him the safeguard to force the existing teams into his vision for F1.
    I think this is exactly the case. With 10+ new applications, he is in the driver's seat, no matter what the quality of some of the entries. And with that, I think we will see more than half the FOTA teams (though not necessarily all) accepting a cost cap.

So 2010 might come with, say, eight FOTA teams and five new entries. Seats for all current drivers and six new ones. And not a dramatic enough drop in quality to lose any significant number of fans.

Of course, we won't really know for another two weeks. If even then.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I find this surprising since they didnt even have the money to develop a Honda Accord in WTCC last year. Just like the March and Brabham entries, this one seems pointless.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where is Life? Didn't they submit an entry?
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh
    I think this is exactly the case. With 10+ new applications, he is in the driver's seat, no matter what the quality of some of the entries. And with that, I think we will see more than half the FOTA teams (though not necessarily all) accepting a cost cap.

So 2010 might come with, say, eight FOTA teams and five new entries. Seats for all current drivers and six new ones. And not a dramatic enough drop in quality to lose any significant number of fans.

Of course, we won't really know for another two weeks. If even then.

Well, it can end up as the US Grand Prix in 2005... No FOTA teams accepting the cap, the FIA keeping on its way of ing things up and people all over the world losing interest in F1...

If I´m finally right when I said that nothing would happen (serious mistake now), everything´s alright. If you´re rignt, it´s OK too. But if it explodes...
    Cuando el grajo vuela bajo hace un frío del carajo
    Which means:
    When the crow is flying low, it´s ****ing freezing cold

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Nakajima for WDC! And considering, how car-based ratings are, he will be regarded as one of the best drivers the sport has ever seen after his dominant performance over a full season.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Yawn. Bored. Let's turn this trickle of information into a torrent - FIA please publish the full list now so we can all see just how screwe the FOTA teams really are.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    It begs wonder , since all the entries I've heard about have said they are signing on to the cap , what happens if the FIA does reach a compromise .

One must assume that getting to the point of signing takes some serious work , and though some have said they would sign and compete whether the cap was raised or not , what happens if the FIA changes the rules ?
    Are they liable to get a pile of lawsuits , or have they left a clause that states that they can change the rules at any time ?

Is there now a penalty for changing where they put the goal posts ?

If the FOTA teams leave , the first tracks to be signed to have Formula Nouveau races should be Silverstone , Montreal , and Watkin's Glen .
    Let's have Laguna Seca , Indy , and Mosport , too .
    Argentina and Mexico will bring back memories , too .
    How about Adelaide ?

Hell , why not Formula Nouveau-Historique , and take those silly wings off , too ?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Are they liable to get a pile of lawsuits , or have they left a clause that states that they can change the rules at any time ?
    You're disappointing me there. When did the FIA need anyone's aproval in order to operate rule changes?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro