Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Epsilon Euskadi are in too

They did submit an entry too.
    Interesting read:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75791

These the parts that attracted my attention:

"We submitted our entry with the budget cap in mind, but we are waiting for the FIA to decide what the final rules will be. As of today, we are under the budget cap, but the budget cap is a bit misleading, because it's £45 million plus drivers, plus marketing and a series of things. The budget I think is needed is around 70-75 million."
    £70-75 million is around or even more than the Force India budget! So why didn't these teams want to be in F1 before?!

"In Formula 1 it has been made very clear that money is not everything, because not all the teams with big budgets have done a decent job over the last years. So money is not everything. It's about organisation, about know-how, about creating a good team, and about having the resources to launch the project. But the decision is up to the FIA, and I hope they can value our programme and our concept."
    Once again if money isn't the most important in F1 than why everyone is so willing to get in now when there are talks about a budget cap

However, IF what he says in the article is true, than I would love them to be 1 of the 3 new teams as they look to be the best prepared for this step and the most serious ones.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IF the article is true, they should be one of the new teams. The fact that they have Sergio Rinland as a designer is a good thing as well, he has designed some good F1 cars over the years with limited budget. The thing I don't like is that for a short time, he was the technical director at........Forti.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    And it would be hilarious to see the reaction here in Spain!
    Cuando el grajo vuela bajo hace un frío del carajo
    Which means:
    When the crow is flying low, it´s ****ing freezing cold

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Finally! Somebody who confirmed. http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...361210,00.html

Someone needs to put up a post of confirmed entries.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Pu
    And it would be hilarious to see the reaction here in Spain!
    Why?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    £70-75 million is around or even more than the Force India budget! So why didn't these teams want to be in F1 before?!
    Because there was no real chance of success. You made the case in point: Force India.

With a budget cap rule, new or low budget teams have a chance of competing without being outspent 10:1 - because that'll just make them another Force India. Or, if they are outspent, at least they will have some other advantages, such as unlimited this and that. People want to race for more than 16th place

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    With all those new entries popping out each day, I suspect on May 12 Mosley will announce that FOTA's 'conditional' entries have been all rejected and F1 will consist of 13 non-FOTA teams (well, considering, how we get to know about a new name every day, surely there will be at least 13 of them by May 12 .

Then it will be FOTA's turn to decide, how to go on... and whether they are united to go and start a new series together. It's a game with high odds and both sides seem determined to fight until the victorious end. If indeed FOTA entries are rejected, then I guess MM and BE may believe that FOTA isn't really strong enough to create a breakaway series and they simply have to continue in F1.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    Because there was no real chance of success. You made the case in point: Force India.

With a budget cap rule, new or low budget teams have a chance of competing without being outspent 10:1 - because that'll just make them another Force India. Or, if they are outspent, at least they will have some other advantages, such as unlimited this and that. People want to race for more than 16th place
    But what is worth success if you can achieve it only if your competition is handicapped?!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    With all those new entries popping out each day, I suspect on May 12 Mosley will announce that FOTA's 'conditional' entries have been all rejected and F1 will consist of 13 non-FOTA teams (well, considering, how we get to know about a new name every day, surely there will be at least 13 of them by May 12 .
    You mean June 12th, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Then it will be FOTA's turn to decide, how to go on... and whether they are united to go and start a new series together. It's a game with high odds and both sides seem determined to fight until the victorious end. If indeed FOTA entries are rejected, then I guess MM and BE may believe that FOTA isn't really strong enough to create a breakaway series and they simply have to continue in F1.
    Bernie will sh!t his pants if the FIA decides not to allow the FOTA teams in for next years Championship, he will go after Max barehanded to change such situation.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    You mean June 12th, I suppose.
    Sorry. 12th June, yes. Don't know, why I have kept mentioning May throughout the day. :