Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BRABHAM! The old band really IS getting back together!

According to orf.com:

http://sport.orf.at/?href=http%3A%2F...%2F329880.html

paraphrased as:

According to Motorsport Aktuell, an organization named Brabham Grand Prix Limited has submitted an entry before the 2010 deadline. German entrepreneur Franz Hilmer, a Bavarian auto parts supplier, had purchased the assets of Super Aguri in 2008, and also secured the rights to the name Brabham Grand Prix.

----
    Why isn't there just one master list of entrants, instead of having to find them out piece mail? :

Oh man.... how I WISH they would all make it in... pre-qualifying, PLEEEEEASE!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    Oh man.... how I WISH they would all make it in... pre-qualifying, PLEEEEEASE!!
    i want this too but then i realized we'd need lots more room in the pits. i don't think there would be a decent way to fit 14-15 teams.

and imagine being a back marker that NEVER gets to race all season haha

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow it would be great to see Jack back in the car after all these years..
    Hmmm, maybe he couldn't take Mark Webber breaking his record for most GP starts for an Australian driver sitting down!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Wow it would be great to see Jack back in the car after all these years..
    If the same people behind this news are the same who publicised a "Brabham" BMW M3 at the 2008 Essen Motor Show then there is no connection with the Brabham F1 team that once was, nor Sir Jack Brabham. (Link)
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkyourmilk
    i want this too but then i realized we'd need lots more room in the pits. i don't think there would be a decent way to fit 14-15 teams.

and imagine being a back marker that NEVER gets to race all season haha
    I hear this as pretty much the ONLY argument against having more teams, and it irks me. Maybe part of the cost saving measures should be, teams use SMALLER pits from now on... there has got to be a way to accommodate - I guess in the PQ days of the past, there were temporary pits set up in the staging area behind the main pit building, why wouldn't that be possible again? Then, who ever makes it into the race in Friday PQ, gets one of the "proper" pit stalls for the race.

I realize that there might be some teams who never get so see the grid, as they can't make it out of PQ, but that'll really be THEIR problem, and should not keep any one else from taking away their chance to attempt to make the race. If they keep failing, they'll probably call it quits sooner or later by themselves.

How, oh how, do we get them to let in all the teams? I know, I am just dreaming here, it would be too good... but it really would be a shame to see some of these not get in, they seem to have good fundamentals, and I'd be interested to see them all. Not to mention extra interest with some of the classic names involved.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    I hear this as pretty much the ONLY argument against having more teams, and it irks me. Maybe part of the cost saving measures should be, teams use SMALLER pits from now on... there has got to be a way to accommodate - I guess in the PQ days of the past, there were temporary pits set up in the staging area behind the main pit building, why wouldn't that be possible again? Then, who ever makes it into the race in Friday PQ, gets one of the "proper" pit stalls for the race.

I realize that there might be some teams who never get so see the grid, as they can't make it out of PQ, but that'll really be THEIR problem, and should not keep any one else from taking away their chance to attempt to make the race. If they keep failing, they'll probably call it quits sooner or later by themselves.

How, oh how, do we get them to let in all the teams? I know, I am just dreaming here, it would be too good... but it really would be a shame to see some of these not get in, they seem to have good fundamentals, and I'd be interested to see them all. Not to mention extra interest with some of the classic names involved.

Im not sure pit space would be a problem.... (apart from Monaco) because lets look at some facts here:

Dubai 24 hrs-Over 70 cars enter-all get their own garages on pit lane.
    Britcar 24 hours-59 cars or whatever it is-all cars have a pit garage
    NASCAR-43 cars, all have pit spaces

so F1 shouldnt have too much of a problem actually. Only problem is, the FIA just want a small grid..........

maybe they should go mad-have 40 car grids and a nascar-like points system? OK thats a mad thought, at least it would be entertaining......
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wow, quite a few old names making a resurgence. If they match the 80s/90s names to the 80s/90s on track action we might be getting somewhere!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I'm sorry, but I can't see names like Brabham or March being any kind of serious teams in the making. I've got a strange feeling someone is joking here. Maybe Max asked those guys to enter their "teams" for F1 to make his negotiating position with FOTA stronger?

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    this Rsole is using the BRABHAM name
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/19297/si...-brabham-name/
    Sir Jack sues over use of Brabham name

The original Brabham Formula One outfit folded in 1992 under the ownership of Japanese engineering firm Middlebridge Group, after which the Brabham family bought back the rights to the company.
    A high-profile manufacturer debut at this weekend’s Essen Auto Show has sparked a legal battle after legendary Australian Formula One driver, Sir Jack Brabham, was informed that his family name and reputation was being used without his consent.

The issue was raised after German-based Brabham Racing revealed its highly anticipated BMW M3-based BT 92, boasting an implied endorsement by the Australian motoring veteran and his race team.http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/
    While the names ‘Brabham’ and ‘Brabham Racing’ were registered legally by the German firm, use of the iconic motor racing legend’s name was considered be in “in complete bad faith” said Sir Jack’s son David.
    “Myself and my three sons have been using the family name for donkey’s years. I want the opportunity for my grandchildren to use the name in the future.” said Sir jack.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    hmmm.... there are a lot of teams that supposedly submitted an entry, but according to grandprix.com the FIA has not announced who has submitted an entry. Checking F1's official site only shows a story about Prodrive's confirmed entry.

Is it possible some of these submissions are not true?
    Or maybe some or most of these entries are contingent on their being a cap of about 45mil? I know that USF1 said - 'cap, no cap, doesn't matter to us'. Although I don't know where their money is coming from.

These "revelations" of new team entries are really starting to sound suspicious to me....
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."