Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MarchF1 submit F1 2010 entry before deadline!

Talk about coming out of left field?!!!!!

-------------------------------------

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...30093936.shtml

A return of 'March' to Formula One
    New team entry submitted to the FIA
    30/05/09 09:39

March Racing Organisation has submitted an entry to the FIA to participate in the 2010 championship.

March Engineering was originally formed in 1969 by Max Mosley, Alan Rees, Graham Coaker and Robin Herd sold Akira Akagi to run under Leyton House branding in 1989. The team reverted to the March name in 1992 with Andrew Fitton taking over ahead of the team’s closure.

Fitton retains the rights to the March name and made his application to the FIA early this week, receiving confirmation of his entry on Thursday.

Along with Lola, Prodrive and USF1, MarchF1 has made their entry ahead of the deadline still unsure to what rules they will run in 2010 and await the publication on the 2010 entry list in July 12th.

Earl ALEXANDER
    © CAPSIS International
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quality teams running three cars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> more dreadful two car teams.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well that was unexpected. Does March even have facilities?
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    26+ cars made up of good and average teams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 20 cars made up of good teams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    While some people might dismiss this entry, I think it would be great to see the name March appear back on the grid... when you talk about marques with racing history, and even F1 history, it's certainly one that comes to mind, even though they never reached the heights of comparable outfits such as Brabham, Ligier and Tyrrell, let alone Lotus and Williams. The names March, Dallara and Lola definitely have racing history and pedigree to contribute, and I would like to see them on the grid.

That said, I now feel sad that apparently only 13 teams will make the cut. Assuming that Prodrive/Aston Martin has perhaps the strongest position to make it, and apparently USF1 has been a long time in the making as well, we may only get to see ONE of those 3 on the grid.

Now I am hoping that there will be a change of heart concerning the number of maximum entries allowed. 32 cars... wow... the 12 currently lowest ranking cars in the championship in a 1-hour pre-qualifying shootout on Friday (which doubles up as additional testing time for the teams in question), with the top-6 from that, let's say, 1-hour heat making it to the race, anyone?

LET THEM ALL IN!!

One more thing... am I the only one to think that March will SURELY make it into the 13 approved teams? Seems hard to believe that a team with such strong historical ties to Max Mosley would NOT get the nod here ...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    See Fiero's post elsewhere and earlier when he predicted the return of MARCH. That Fiero.....one mucho smart gringo....

Dallara thread...post 12
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

I might be wrong, but at the moment I think this is bollocks.

No other site has picked up on this 'news'. The official FIA website makes no mention of it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7
    Maybe Max has the ultimate goal of putting MARCH back on the map. Generate a little retirement income.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    LOL
    Who's laughing now?
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Now all we need is Lotus and we'll almost have the band back together.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    A little late for April 1st.